SoFlo 1st X 2014 PPV Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am weighing a respray on mine which is why I asked....I don't have the equipment or the skillz to do it myself...Gotta save my pennies or start picking up cans on the highway! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
I posted this question in another thread, rear view camera location: usually it is placed on top or attached on the license plate. I bought a 170 degree angle camera, so its pretty wide all around view. thought about placing it on the bottom of the third brake light on top of the hatchback for a better all around view. any advise on this?? has anyone seen this camera installed up there?

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not seen it up there but I can report on installing a cam above the license plate. My SSV did not come with a cam and I added one to my rig. Took me longer to get the trim off the liftgate than to actually get the cam mounted and working. I have a pretty decent view when backing up and it looks down just perfectly on my hitch when I back up to the trailer. Plenty of view of my surroundings in my application.

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
One of the projects I wanted to do was to replace the carpet, so I took out all of the interior, there were coffee or coffee like stains around the driver and passengers insulation. The carpet I ordered from Rock Auto, it came with insulation. I didn't know that and I had already gotten insulation from home depot to replace the bad spots. since the insulation that came with the Rock Auto order was not as thick as the original on the Tahoe, decided to leave both of them there. the rear insulation, I left it original, just replaced the front.

Attachments

• IMG_20210815_192745.jpg
    IMG_20210815_192745.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210815_192742.jpg
    IMG_20210815_192742.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210815_180203.jpg
    IMG_20210815_180203.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210815_145014_resized.jpg
    20210815_145014_resized.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210815_145002_resized.jpg
    20210815_145002_resized.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
One of the projects I wanted to do was to replace the carpet, so I took out all of the interior, there were coffee or coffee like stains around the driver and passengers insulation. The carpet I ordered from Rock Auto, it came with insulation. I didn't know that and I had already gotten insulation from home depot to replace the bad spots. since the insulation that came with the Rock Auto order was not as thick as the original on the Tahoe, decided to leave both of them there. the rear insulation, I left it original, just replaced the front.
while I had the rear carpet out, I got the brackets from the salvage yard to add third row seating.

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
Projects for this Tahoe:
1. Change Carpet from the vinyl floor to regular carpet (done)
2. Change the Seats from the Cloth / Vinyl to Leather Seats
3. Add Middle Console
4. Replace Steering wheel from rubber to leather with audio controls
5. Replace stock radio with Alpine double din / GPS with Android/Apple Play
6. Replace cigar lighter sockets with usb ports (front, rear and add another to third row seating)
7. Add a power inverter
8. Add a DIC button
9. Add a tow hitch bumper
10. Add a rear view camera
11. Add a 2nd radio/ 7" display for rear passengers. Since the center console I purchased has rear controls for audio or temp controls.. that I will not be using, decided that I would put another 7" radio for the kids sitting in the rear seats. looking to get an A/B or A+B speaker selector (any advise?) for when the rear radio is playing, only the rear speakers sounds and the front speakers will sound with what ever is playing on the main radio.
12. Performance wise, replace the stock muffler with a flow master 40 series. (any advise on this muffler?) I don't want to be listening to a hmmmmmmming sound during long trips..
13. Eventually change the suspension: do the 2" drop and add 65 or 70 tires. for now, the RS-A's have plenty of meat on them.
14. Add a Roof Rack.
15. Change the temperature control from Analog to Digital. (has anyone done this?)
16. WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?? thinking of adding LED RGB lights to the interior floor $18.00 on amazon.

DOJ 1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
where we live i have to install a larger trans cooler.
and aux lighting. baja designs, for me the roof rack is a love/hate..
I've found the stock midas muffler to have a little tone but be very quiet, and add 1mpg roughly. I have flow masters on another rig and they get annoying.
digital temp looks interesting, but sometimes simpler is better longterm.
Looks like a fun build..good luck!

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been reading up on a guy over on the Silverado forum who converted to a digital display from the analog. I would like to try that one myself just because I like the look of it-not interested in auto temp control. I already picked up the HVAC module for the dash....Just too many home projects and honey do items on my plate. I will post the link after work and not on my "work" computer! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
where we live i have to install a larger trans cooler.
and aux lighting. baja designs, for me the roof rack is a love/hate..
I've found the stock midas muffler to have a little tone but be very quiet, and add 1mpg roughly. I have flow masters on another rig and they get annoying.
digital temp looks interesting, but sometimes simpler is better longterm.
Looks like a fun build..good luck!
I thought these ppv Tahoes came with Heavy duty cooling for the transmission and the engine?

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
Update on the Seats: In an earlier post I mentioned I had purchased Suburban leather seats. That did not work out at all. The rear seats definitely do not fit the Tahoe. I did not notice the bottom metal bracket, on the Suburban is flat and the Tahoe has a curve that goes up (step-like) at the rear.. I tried changing the top of the seats and use the original bracket, did not work either.. the latch part does not align with the bottom bracket.
ADVISE: If you are going to replace the rear seats in a Tahoe, replace the seats with Tahoe or Yukon ONLY!!
The Front seats fit good, those can be swapped from a Suburban, and I think they are better, or the height adjustment on the Tahoe seats did not work that well.