SoFlo 1st X 2014 PPV Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
Welcome from South Florida! Looks to be in very good condition.

Spoke to a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper at Lester's Diner in Fort Lauderdale a couple of years ago. He said all their vehicles are serviced on schedule at the dealer. BTW I do NOT recommend Lester's Diner on State Road 84.
Lester's by Sawgrass Mall is better... well depends on mood of the cook! lol ... Have no complaints, omelets are good there.
Engine and Tranny seems to be in good shape..except for that slight lifter sound.. hopefully the fix is not that hard.

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
Looks good to start. I don’t understand the agencies which remove the pushbars but leave the brackets. Both are pretty useless separately.
Would have liked to keep the guard, would go along great with the spot light, Im pondering wether I should keep it or get rid of it..

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
Learn from my mistake check your airbag connectors (turned a 1 day job to a 3 day job) in the world of GM trucks and SUVs not all airbags are the same, even pulled from the same year truck. See if you can test the seats plastic gears are known to break. Any questions on seats PM me your vin number.

For replacement gears highly recommended this site ordered power folding motor and gears and have worked great. Also ordered power seats gears and billet heater core tees.
www.gruvenparts.com
Thanks for the heads up... a couple of days ago, I purchased the GM "Leather" interior from a Suburban in a salvage yard, believe it was a 2012. Didn't think of looking at the connectors.. Have not started the interior teardown/build yet..

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
When you see X number of vehicles up for auction, then the next lot is a pallet with the same X number of pushbars, you know they don’t have brackets.
Yep! I saw that.. a pallet of push bars alone... for a min there, I wanted to walk up to the pallet and grab one of them... jeje.. but then I snapped out of it! Makes noo sense taking them off..

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
Welcome to the party!

Make sure to get a DIC........because driving DICless is just uncivilized LOL
I got the DIC!! I read someones post on the DIC.. Funny stuff..so yes, its going to get the DIC.. Im going to cut out the hole in the aluminum panel, want to keep as much as the PPV look as possible.. at the same time I want it to be nice inside.. for example, changing the cigarret lighter outlet to double USB chargers. what else do you use these CL outlets for if you don't smoke... or want any one else smoking inside either..

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
I got Ta Hoe in the paint shop.. going to come out an newly painted Tahoe..

1628400764394.png 1628400851865.png

Don't know if painting the truck and Corona is a good combination, will see!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the DIC!! I read someones post on the DIC.. Funny stuff..so yes, its going to get the DIC.. Im going to cut out the hole in the aluminum panel, want to keep as much as the PPV look as possible.. at the same time I want it to be nice inside.. for example, changing the cigarret lighter outlet to double USB chargers. what else do you use these CL outlets for if you don't smoke... or want any one else smoking inside either..
I ended up finding a woodgrain piece with DIC for cheap on eBay. I sprayed it with flat black to keep the look. 52E829F6-3115-4FE9-830A-1C15F27FE2DD.jpegD23E8934-2970-411F-9160-E1F45DDE015E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667