So trying to pass smog I found this strange piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That very well could be your problem. Good find and, if it fixes it, consider yourself lucky.

That'll cause a vacuum leak (unmetered air) and high fuel trims, which is probably why you smelled gas. The computer was overfuelling a bit, I would venture a guess. Raw gas in the cats, if you have them.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'll cause a vacuum leak (unmetered air) and high fuel trims, which is probably why you smelled gas. The computer was overfuelling a bit, I would venture a guess. Raw gas in the cats, if you have them.
I figured smelling gas might’ve been a bi-product of my hot air intake :Big Laugh: /old truck stuff you can see my hot air intake tube it got reconnected after this picture edit: picture taken just after body lift, before winch.IMG_7503.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too bad we can't find those FPR vacuum hoses for the Flex Fuel engines (NOS or aftermarket). Haven't seen any used ones in the salvage yards, either. GM 17113699, discontinued.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad we can't find those FPR vacuum hoses for the Flex Fuel engines (NOS or aftermarket). Haven't seen any used ones in the salvage yards, either.
I think my nearby gmc dealer Carries them however they will charge highway robbery this dealership sells insanely obscure parts for our older GM vehicles

Attachments

• IMG_7560.jpeg
    IMG_7560.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad we can't find those FPR vacuum hoses for the Flex Fuel engines (NOS or aftermarket). Haven't seen any used ones in the salvage yards, either. GM 17113699, discontinued.
if you’re willing to call around the place I went to stocks a few discontinued parts however be prepared to pay good money for them because they’re discontinued/hard to find locally.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not in dire need but wanted to have a spare. I'll make do, thanks.
That’s actually a good thing to know because I think my coworker just bought a flex fuel 2007/8 gmc Yukon XL I didn’t know they had that part as a difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10