So Moldings going back on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
I found out my car has a nice little sun tan on the passenger side door. I have no idea how only 1 or the 4 doors got this. Anyone got any ideas? I really don't wanna put the moldings back on...
IMG_0524.gif

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Typical, the paint that is exposed ages faster compared to the non-exposed paint behind the molding, so after removal they do not match.
It is normal debadging ghosting, which is when the moldings still exert there presence fter removal since they are mad you took them off. Haha ghosting is really when from sone reason the part debadges still kind of looks like its there due to the reason above.

To get it to match, get some ICE liquid clay bar and clay down that whole door as long as you can, also try some glaze and polish on the door when you are done.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I demolded mine I used the eraser wheel to clean off as much gunk as possible. Then I used generous amounts of Simple Green and cleaned off all the remaining residue. After that I sprayed it down with a 50/50 mixture of water/rubbing alcohol for a final cleaning. Once that was done and dried I applied a coat of my Meguiar's NXT wax paste. That was back in January and my Tahoe has since been exposed to all types of weather and conditions and no ghosting to date. :Handshake:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some ghosting when I removed the BSMs from my Z06. Washed, clayed, Goo-Gone'd, Zaino'd, and parked it in the direct sunlight. The ghosting was gone after a week.

...And this is on a yellow car.

I think you'll be fine.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
When summer gets here have it professionally detailed and buffed out. That should help a little.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should go away after a while. mine did. And if you follow what was said above it should be gone quicker!

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out my car has a nice little sun tan on the passenger side door. I have no idea how only 1 or the 4 doors got this. Anyone got any ideas? I really don't wanna put the moldings back on...
IMG_0524.gif

That looks like a re-paint. I doubt paint faded that bad down low on the door like that. Check the molding for over spray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrale