So i bought a yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roachbug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought this 99 yukon for a daily driver and camp rig. I got it for $2400 dollars. Had to install a fuel pump, fuel filter, and a set of tires and she runs and drives extremely well. Absolutely everything works on the truck. I think I might be in love. I browsed this forum quite a bit over the last couple weeks and it was extremely helpful. Just thought I would join up and share the progress on this truck. Next move is an alignment and replacing any worn steering parts, replacing bump stops, and new shocks.

Attachments

• 20230528_191907.jpg
    20230528_191907.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230528_191846.jpg
    20230528_191846.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230528_191836.jpg
    20230528_191836.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 11

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking rig there.

At that price, it sounds like you can afford to sink a little money in it. What is the mileage? You got that nice 5.7 Vortec engine.

Plus, as you said, everything seems to work. Did you get all repair and maintenance paperwork with it?

OP
OP
R

roachbug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking rig there.

At that price, it sounds like you can afford to sink a little money in it. What is the mileage? You got that nice 5.7 Vortec engine.

Plus, as you said, everything seems to work. Did you get all repair and maintenance paperwork with it?
No maintenance paperwork. I bought it from an older gentleman. He used it for a work commuter before he retired. It had been sitting for a while and his wife wanted it outta the yard. It has 203,000 miles. I had a ram truck with the hemi and it was super expensive to do any repairs on. The Yukon will be much cheaper to repair 350's and 4l60's abound. That's my thought anyways.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No maintenance paperwork. I bought it from an older gentleman. He used it for a work commuter before he retired. It had been sitting for a while and his wife wanted it outta the yard. It has 203,000 miles. I had a ram truck with the hemi and it was super expensive to do any repairs on. The Yukon will be much cheaper to repair 350's and 4l60's abound. That's my thought anyways.
Smart thoughts. Gobs of maintenance, repairs and upgrade options out there.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Very nice find!

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start at the front bumper and work my way to the back going over everything and making a list. I do this whenever I or a family member buys a used vehicle. Note any and every little thing like a bulb out or a loose screw, then you can cross each item off as you do the fix. I also drain and refill every fluid on a vehicle I'm considering keeping.
Parts for these have increased over the years but are still affordable and readily available.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this 99 yukon for a daily driver and camp rig. I got it for $2400 dollars. Had to install a fuel pump, fuel filter, and a set of tires and she runs and drives extremely well. Absolutely everything works on the truck. I think I might be in love. I browsed this forum quite a bit over the last couple weeks and it was extremely helpful. Just thought I would join up and share the progress on this truck. Next move is an alignment and replacing any worn steering parts, replacing bump stops, and new shocks.
That's a nice looking rig! I love that body style. Looks super clean, I'm assuming a salt free area? If so, then you have a good platform to give you many more years of service...........ans YOU can actually still work on it. The older it get and having to deal with stealerships on my newer stuff makes me want to turn back to clock to simpler times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons