so confused on lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crotonevans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 ls 22" want to go 2-3" belltech struts on the front and springs and shocks in rear!
I read thru every post last night and I see a lot of complaints about camber kits ,alignment problems ,and rough rides, Im looking for close to factory ride I can get with out too much change I just bought new bridgestone tires and dont want to eat thru them in no time because of bad alignment issues or problems from the alignment shops or the lowering kit ,Just dont want to buy a kit and buy it all right the first time
like I said tony pmed me about 2 kits the spindle front and coils for the rear or the
struts and shocks and coils for the rear
i do have 80 ,000 miles and should get the struts and new shocks without shock extenders and coil kit for the rear
any ideas on the kit or problems with alignment on either kits whats the best from your experiance to go with for the long haul and best ride
thanks for your help

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Belltech adjustable strut / shock kit on my truck. Alignment with one adjustment ring on each strut is very close to spec.

I ended up using a 2" spring spacer in the rear vs. the 1" that came with the kit.

Ride is very nice, no "dropped" feeling at all. New Bridgestones are wearing fine.

PM if I can answer any questions for ya.

before:

DSC02739.jpg

after:

DSC02763.jpg

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to order same kit as HBR his his looked so good thats what I want.So HBR you went 2" in the front and 3"? in the rear or less by using a spacer? Did you install the kit yourself ,if so was it pretty easy or do you recommend having someone do it ? your ride is very nice

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Although rolling on stock 20"); 2"-3" Belltech spindles & springs.

Everything else was left stock. Ride is very close to stock minus the body roll. No problems with ANYTHING with this kit.

Very satisfied.

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help!!!! I guess im going with the struts because my high mileage and rear springs and new shocks out back
the kit comes with new shorter shocks to eliminate the shock extenders or should i get different schocks and get the shock extenders?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to order same kit as HBR his his looked so good thats what I want.So HBR you went 2" in the front and 3"? in the rear or less by using a spacer? Did you install the kit yourself ,if so was it pretty easy or do you recommend having someone do it ? your ride is very nice

I picked the kit because it was time for struts and shocks anyway.

I had the kit installed by a shop. The drop came out to 1 1/2" lower in the front and 2" in the back.

I used one adjustment ring on each front strut. Using none was a bit too low for me. I also used a 2" spring pad in the rear vs. the 1" that came with the kit.

Like I mentioned the ride is very nice. No rubbing issues with 285/45/22

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
07 ls 22" want to go 2-3" belltech struts on the front and springs and shocks in rear!
I read thru every post last night and I see a lot of complaints about camber kits ,alignment problems ,and rough rides, Im looking for close to factory ride I can get with out too much change I just bought new bridgestone tires and dont want to eat thru them in no time because of bad alignment issues or problems from the alignment shops or the lowering kit ,Just dont want to buy a kit and buy it all right the first time
like I said tony pmed me about 2 kits the spindle front and coils for the rear or the
struts and shocks and coils for the rear
i do have 80 ,000 miles and should get the struts and new shocks without shock extenders and coil kit for the rear
any ideas on the kit or problems with alignment on either kits whats the best from your experiance to go with for the long haul and best ride
thanks for your help

this is the kit I would go with and installed and sold here with no alignment issues

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=144

front will have the 0-2 inch drop struts which will be fine.

in rear the adjustbale 3-4 inch spring belltech
also shock extenders which I would use to get shock angle back into the right position which helps ride

and rear will have shorter belltech street performance shocks and the kit will have new bumpstops.

If you do the full 4 inch drop in rear I would cut off the bumpstop bracket which is easy but if you only do 3 then the shorter bumpstops that come with the kit will be fine.

Anything else just ask im always here to help.

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im getting ready to order tony yhe kit above 2" in the front drop 3" in the rear
The kit says rear shorter shocks no need for extenders ?
above this post you say to add shock extenders to get the right angle which helps ride
so what do i need?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im getting ready to order tony yhe kit above 2" in the front drop 3" in the rear
The kit says rear shorter shocks no need for extenders ?
above this post you say to add shock extenders to get the right angle which helps ride
so what do i need?

when i copied from another listing messed up. Fixed and shock extenders are included and store item has been fixed.