snow mode in active response 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22ohdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Manual states there is a snow mode but I'm not seeing the option on my dash. Just normal, sport, off road and tow. 22 denali ultimate. Thanks!

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual states there is a snow mode but I'm not seeing the option on my dash. Just normal, sport, off road and tow. 22 denali ultimate. Thanks!
Mine is same way -- i think SNOW mode is only on 2WD trucks. Off Road Mode essentially does the same thing and then some -- changes the pedal mapping, increases ride height, and modifies the traction control.

Just my .02 but it is a bit of overkill. Going to be driving through the snowstorm tonight in the Northeast for skiing tomorrow and may try Off Road mode to see if anything noticeably changes but these trucks run just in AUTO or 4HI are really great in the snow.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, my RST is a 2WD and I do have the Snow/Ice mode along with Sport, Tow and Normal. Haven’t tried snow yet I do want to hit my local mountains here in Cali with snow but all roads require chains or a traction device. Manual states not to use chains so I may need to use cables instead. Looking forward to use my G86 as well.