Small wheels big tires!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines Z71. Shouldn’t be an issue with bumper. When I got mine I had the dealer test fit a 285/55/22 off a Silverado and it was touching the back felt at 1/2 turn and stock height. At the time I was not aware of what trimming might need to be done so I went with the 285/50. I think I could get the 285/55 in there now with minor trimming but really want the full 12.50 width ultimately. Waiting to see what Fabtech’s 3” that’s “coming soon” will allow.
Thanks

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Theres not a lot of room on these new ones and with the new knuckle locating the Upper A arm higher you're limited on the tire width. You can use spacers but then that creates another issue for the front and back of the fender. Might be able to get away with a skinny 34 with a 2" level kit but not sure what other supporting mods you would need to make that happen.

On another note I follow some UAE accounts on instagram and it looks like a lot of the regular tahoes and suburbans get the z71/at4 front bumper. Pretty cool, wish they would do that here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Actually sadly enough, we don’t have a choice here. SLE, SLT and AT4 all get the same/similar type of bumper for more ground clearance since many people go off roading here. You want that street look, the only option is Denali. I believe they also do that here more so to set the Denali apart and make it more attractive. In some ways basically to encourage more Denali sales rather than the SLE/SLT trims. AT4 has its own loyalist and more so a purpose. Denali is the highest selling trim in the Yukon series here. Ever since it’s arrival back in December 2020, the showroom floor has hardly seen any Denalis. Anything that comes in goes straight to the customer after PDI.

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Alright guys....I’m sorry..rookie mistake. I was wondering why everyone is going on about trimming and lift kits and so on. Turns out I am looking to do a 33” tire on an 18” wheel. 33” also seems to be the stock tire height on the Denali stock 22” wheels.

So now my question is....since we are mostly on sand for which we ideally need tall tires so that when we deflate, we get maximum possible contact patch with the sand...what size tires can I run which won’t/shouldn’t have any clearance issues.
I have the options of 275/70/18 or 295/65/18

Also, does anybody know if Fuel Rebel 6 or Fuel Heater D720 wheels would clear our brakes?

unfortunately I have no choice but to wing it and order online from abroad. We don’t have any proper Fuel wheel dealers here. So if things don’t work, I’m out of $1600-1800/- and stuck with wheels I can’t do much with.

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys....I’m sorry..rookie mistake. I was wondering why everyone is going on about trimming and lift kits and so on. Turns out I am looking to do a 33” tire on an 18” wheel. 33” also seems to be the stock tire height on the Denali stock 22” wheels.

So now my question is....since we are mostly on sand for which we ideally need tall tires so that when we deflate, we get maximum possible contact patch with the sand...what size tires can I run which won’t/shouldn’t have any clearance issues.
I have the options of 275/70/18 or 295/65/18

Also, does anybody know if Fuel Rebel 6 or Fuel Heater D720 wheels would clear our brakes?

unfortunately I have no choice but to wing it and order online from abroad. We don’t have any proper Fuel wheel dealers here. So if things don’t work, I’m out of $1600-1800/- and stuck with wheels I can’t do much with.
Stock 2021 yukon runs 265/65R18, 275/70/18 you'll probably have rubbing issues you'll still need atleast a 1- 2 lift spacer upfront and some sort of trimming to fit 33s also depending what offset you choose. the fuel rebels will clear brakes no problem.

Artem-G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can run 275/70/18 without lifting or leveling. It’s just a fraction of an inch larger than stock Denali which is already 33” at 275/50R22. And the spare tire is 17” so 18” fits over the brakes without issues.

That’s exactly what my Denali is running:
F15853CC-C2F4-47A8-A49B-5746D0F56AB4.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
You can run 275/70/18 without lifting or leveling. It’s just a fraction of an inch larger than stock Denali which is already 33” at 275/50R22. And the spare tire is 17” so 18” fits over the brakes without issues.

That’s exactly what my Denali is running:
View attachment 273528

Awesome buddy!! You have saved me a ton of work!! And also...seriously, the spare is still a 17”?? How does it even fit!!

Beautiful truck btw!! So let me get this straight, you are running 275/70/18 in this picture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts