Slow cranking when starting ? 2008 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCLSLT08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting a slow crank when starting as if the battery is low. Battery was a few year old so I replaced it but still getting the slow crank. I checked battery circuit for parasitic loss and I getting nothing showing up on the meter. I'm thinking worn out starter ? Any advice ? 170k miles. IMG_3761.JPEG

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a slow crank when starting as if the battery is low. Battery was a few year old so I replaced it but still getting the slow crank. I checked battery circuit for parasitic loss and I getting nothing showing up on the meter. I'm thinking worn out starter ? Any advice ? 170k miles. View attachment 356709
Probably, unless the wiring from the battery to the starter is corroded and needs replacing. Truck looks great!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated above, check all wires and terminal connections first, before ordering a replacement starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10