Sleeping inside your OBS.

Have you slept in your vehicle, and what did you think of it?

• No, never.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Once or twice for some hours.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Planned for at least one full night.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Slept in the seats.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Slept in the cargo area

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious for those who have slept inside your vehicle. The two biggest reasons I can think of would be for a road trip or camping. Maybe you chose that instead of the couch, that's none of our business, maybe in an emergency..... Maybe with your family for a few hours on your way, or a few days on your own.... Anyone care to share their thoughts and experience.. What made it horrible, or what were you missing. Curious if you just reclined or got the seats out and down in the cargo area to spread out.

Not sure if this belongs in a different section, but I didn't see one. Not trying to put this in every section. I'm going to make a slightly judgmental guess, and in an effort to not spam the board, I will put this only in the OBS and NBS sections.

Made the poll allow two options, Hoping someone can give an idea of how long, then where in the vehicle you slept.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used to work in a position where i would clock out at 11:15pm and have to be back at 6:30am. i also used to live an hr away so between drive time and whatever i did when i got home and when i got up. it would severely cut my sleep for that day and ud still have to again drive back home after 3 or 4 hours after that. it was only friday night to Saturday mornings id have to do this but that day sucked. a few times i chose to just sleep in the cargo area. only mid spring to early fall tho so i didnt have to use the heat.

Zdorf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Slept in mine plenty of times. I usually just fold down the double bench and put down a double wide foam mattress. Works well. Roll it up when done. Can't beat sleeping in the back.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a blow up queen mattress that looks like it would fit sweet in the back of my 2 door, seat down of course. I think it would be sweet for a weekend camping trip. I hate packing and unpacking. Anything that can be done to spend more leisure time on vacation.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the inflatable mattress with all back seats folded. Also, in single digit temps. Things your 20 year old son will talk you into, to get first chair! Now a ritual each winter.

castine917

Reaction score
I have in front seat, folded back seat flattened down to lay down, and sitting on hood with back on windshield. I have also slept in my 95 mustang before and after roll cage was installed, on the ground outside the garage in the sun, in a cemetery at night, balancing on a rafter during a roof construction, on the floor of garages, in hatch of 78 mustang with back seat flattened, in single cab semis, ............

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've camped in mine a couple of times. The first time out I used a tall self inflatable mattress that I'd used in my 99 GMC Safari for camping. Where the Safari had quite a bit of headroom from the floor to the ceiling, the Tahoe did not. A fourteen inch tall mattress eats into the headroom pretty quickly. I switched to a thinner foam mattress. While not as quite as comfortable, it works for a day or two. I wouldn't want to live with it permanently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks