Side mirror cap removal ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DESSKI

Reaction score
I'd like to color match them but aren't sure how to remove them. Does anyone have any info on how to remove just the mirror caps?

Thanks in advance!

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those things are a pain in the rear to remove but its doable but most likely you will end up breaking the tabs that hold it in place but you can come back with some double sided tape and that will hold it in place thats how i did mine and still in place...... good luck hope that helps,,,,, but to remove it use a trim tool and pry it apart

06GMC5.3L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya just pry apart. If you go slow you might not break all the clips. I did mine and only broke 2 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oem replacement mirror caps come with double sided sticky tape already attached. The tabs help line it up but aren't critical to hold the mirror cap in place.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, just pry them off, work slow to avoid breakage, and reinstall with double sided tape.
I used a butter knife when I took mine off. Its thin enough to pry it up and I kept using it to saw at the existing double sided tape that held it on.

OP
OP
DESSKI

DESSKI

Reaction score
Well I used a set of harbor freight plastic trim removal tools and did as everyone recommend but still happen to break all the tabs. The tab didn't completely break off but just split so I think I'm still good with snapping them back and use some 3M double stick tape.

Thanks for all the replies and help!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Khale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd like to color match them but aren't sure how to remove them. Does anyone have any info on how to remove just the mirror caps?

Thanks in advance!
Just replaced my mirror caps with Chrome caps on my 2021 Tahoe, you have to pop the mirror out and there is one screw in the top corner that has to be removed and then with a little force the caps should pull off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10