Should I be hesitant to buy a 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't go well. I wanted the dealer to swap the tires out on my vehicle (they are Nito Grapplers and less than a year old) and I told him that the trade in value should take that into consideration. They agreed to do the swap and I drove 90 minutes there to sign the paperwork today. I know the Grapplers aren't everyones cup of tea but I like the way they make Tahoe's and Yukon's look and I didn't think that was too much of an ask.

Upon arriving and sitting down to sign the informed me they decided not to swap the tires as the manager decided against it as he wanted the tires to remain on my trade in vehicle. I told him fine, but you valued the trade without the tires (and I had a paper hand written by them that the trade didn't include the tires as they would be swapped). They told me the trade in value they were offering was remaining the same but that they still felt like it was a good deal and that I should accept it.

I stood up and walked out the door and won't be going back there.

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't go well. I wanted the dealer to swap the tires out on my vehicle (they are Nito Grapplers and less than a year old) and I told him that the trade in value should take that into consideration. They agreed to do the swap and I drove 90 minutes there to sign the paperwork today. I know the Grapplers aren't everyones cup of tea but I like the way they make Tahoe's and Yukon's look and I didn't think that was too much of an ask.

Upon arriving and sitting down to sign the informed me they decided not to swap the tires as the manager decided against it as he wanted the tires to remain on my trade in vehicle. I told him fine, but you valued the trade without the tires (and I had a paper hand written by them that the trade didn't include the tires as they would be swapped). They told me the trade in value they were offering was remaining the same but that they still felt like it was a good deal and that I should accept it.

I stood up and walked out the door and won't be going back there.
How many times have they called you back so far? Lol

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many times have they called you back so far? Lol

Hahaha spot on. Sales rep texted me yesterday morning and this is our exchange:

Sales rep: "I'm going to get this done for you, will you still buy if I can get the tires swapped?"

Me: "Sure, but this is the last time I'm going back and forth with you."

Sales Rep about an hour later: "The manager says he doesn't want to do it, but he'll knock $700 off the vehicle! That's unheard of as he never does that, let's get this done!"

Me: "Lol, seriously? That's what you came back with? That's the cost of 1 of those tires."

Sales rep: "Let me see if I can get anything else done."

Me: "Honestly don't bother. I shouldn't even be negotiating with you with what you pulled. Let's just move on. Have a great weekend!"

Sales rep: "My manager has agreed to throw in another $100, that's $800 off! Come down today and let's do this!"

Me: "Have a nice weekend"

Crickets afterwards from him, which is fine. I should have not even engaged with him after what happened the first time. In the end, they could have just avoided this whole thing if they would have told me no in the beginning. I most likely would have just let the tires go and bought the vehicle. The fact they bait and switched me after driving almost 2 hours back down there really ticked me off and made me dig in on the tires even more.

I'm going to look at a different one today and we'll see what happens. I'll ask about the tires and see what they say. I'm not married to them, but I can at least ask and if they say no they say no.

Last edited:

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha spot on. Sales rep texted me yesterday morning and this is our exchange:

Sales rep: "I'm going to get this done for you, will you still buy if I can get the tires swapped?"

Me: "Sure, but this is the last time I'm going back and forth with you."

Sales Rep about an hour later: "The manager says he doesn't want to do it, but he'll knock $700 off the vehicle! That's unheard of as he never does that, let's get this done!"

Me: "Lol, seriously? That's what you came back with? That's the cost of 1 of those tires."

Sales rep: "Let me see if I can get anything else done."

Me: "Honestly don't bother. I shouldn't even be negotiating with you with what you pulled. Let's just move on. Have a great weekend!"

Sales rep: "My manager has agreed to throw in another $100, that's $800 off! Come down today and let's do this!"

Me: "Have a nice weekend"

Crickets afterwards from him, which is fine. I should have not even engaged with him after what happened the first time. In the end, they could have just avoided this whole thing if they would have told me no in the beginning. I most likely would have just let the tires go and bought the vehicle. The fact they bait and switched me after driving 2 hours back down there really ticked me off and made me dig in on the tires even more.

I'm going to look at a different one today and we'll see what happens. I'll ask about the tires upfront and see what they say. I'm not married to them, but I can at least ask and if they say no they say no.
Good for you!!

slickbrave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have an '23 Tahoe with 3k miles on it. So far no problem... my last one was an '05 yukon.. i did also do a gm warranty to 60k and 5 yrs on this new. $1400. i would do that too. good luck.
Have the dealer inspect the front suspension. I've got 16k miles on my 2023 Ultimate and it started making a popping noise while backing. Turns out most of the front suspension nuts were loose and 2 were missing the cotter pins. Tech at the dealership said he's seen a few with improperly torqued nuts from the factory.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not buy one. Sure, it’s a GM and all GM’s have problems, but the amount of engine failures these have is completely unacceptable and I couldn’t trust one. I also think they’re ugly, have bad lines, and the quality does not match the price tag. If I was willing to spend $80k on an SUV, I’m buying a Cayenne.

Reaction score
I have been looking at a Yukon Denali Ultimate and have been able to negotiate what I think is a favorable deal should I decide to move forward with it. Is the overall consensus that this is a solid vehicle? I know these forums are made for people to come in and post problems but I'm just curious if people feel the 2023 Ultimate is a good buy. I love the vehicle and all the features but I guess I'm a little hesitant seeing some of the nightmare stories in here. For reference, its a 2023 with about $11,000 miles on it. Thanks!!
In my experience, newer cars, especially luxury ones, lose value fast. Even if the vehicle you're eyeing is barely used, it's something to think about if you plan to resell it soon. Also, big SUVs like the Yukon Denali aren't great on gas. If you're worried about fuel costs or the environment, this could be a big downside. Just my thoughts.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not buy one. Sure, it’s a GM and all GM’s have problems, but the amount of engine failures these have is completely unacceptable and I couldn’t trust one. I also think they’re ugly, have bad lines, and the quality does not match the price tag. If I was willing to spend $80k on an SUV, I’m buying a Cayenne.
This...

yourmomsshlong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been looking at a Yukon Denali Ultimate and have been able to negotiate what I think is a favorable deal should I decide to move forward with it. Is the overall consensus that this is a solid vehicle? I know these forums are made for people to come in and post problems but I'm just curious if people feel the 2023 Ultimate is a good buy. I love the vehicle and all the features but I guess I'm a little hesitant seeing some of the nightmare stories in here. For reference, its a 2023 with about $11,000 miles on it. Thanks!!
Should you be hesitant? Absolutely! Should you buy one? Eh, who knows. I was screwed by a 2023 XL Ultimate with a 6.2, but it was really the 6.2. Now I have a '24 Ultimate XL Duramax and so far so good. Going forward, I'm probably dumping any further GM trucks before 36,000 miles. As quality deteriorates and owners' access to electronic diag tools becomes more limited, GM is basically manufacturing throwaway cars. It's becoming the Wish version of itself right before our eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257