Should I be hesitant to buy a 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at a Yukon Denali Ultimate and have been able to negotiate what I think is a favorable deal should I decide to move forward with it. Is the overall consensus that this is a solid vehicle? I know these forums are made for people to come in and post problems but I'm just curious if people feel the 2023 Ultimate is a good buy. I love the vehicle and all the features but I guess I'm a little hesitant seeing some of the nightmare stories in here. For reference, its a 2023 with about $11,000 miles on it. Thanks!!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at a Yukon Denali Ultimate and have been able to negotiate what I think is a favorable deal should I decide to move forward with it. Is the overall consensus that this is a solid vehicle? I know these forums are made for people to come in and post problems but I'm just curious if people feel the 2023 Ultimate is a good buy. I love the vehicle and all the features but I guess I'm a little hesitant seeing some of the nightmare stories in here. For reference, its a 2023 with about $11,000 miles on it. Thanks!!
Every new generation of these trucks comes with a (statistically) small number people who have a lot of problems with them that all get worked out by the end of the warranty period and they keep them for 300K miles. If you're going to keep it after the warranty period, there are things worth doing to improve longevity such as disabling DFM, but chances are it will be the best, most comfortable traveling vehicle you've ever owned. If you can afford it without carrying a note (my standard test of affordability for any depreciating asset), I say go for it.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming it has the 6.2L?

The 6.2L in MY23 SUVs have had some main bearing failures. With 11K miles I'd feel a bit better about it because it seems the majority of them fail before 10K. You still have a powertrain warranty should it experience a main bearing failure.

Outside of that issue, it's a solid powertrain and there's no other "common" issues to to watch out for - I'd still give it a good look over for any paint defects, interior trim scratches, etc. before signing on the dotted line.

umar96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat, can afford it and everything but holding out because the new 2025 refresh is coming. If this truck had solid reliability, I wouldn't hesitate. But what scares me is getting a lemon-ish car (we don't have lemon laws in Ontario Canada) and then having a massive depreciation drop off on the warranty. The CarFax would have all the repair history and no one would touch it. Seems like a bad way of burning 100k~

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you can afford it and want it bad enough, get it. IMO, all of them are way over priced and the best bang for the buck is an older GMT800 and find the low mileage rust free one you want and then use some of that money and make it yours. Then have a huge party with all the left over money, because there will be lots of it.

PPK_

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have an '23 Tahoe with 3k miles on it. So far no problem... my last one was an '05 yukon.. i did also do a gm warranty to 60k and 5 yrs on this new. $1400. i would do that too. good luck.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali (middle level package) last Aug w/49,000 miles.
So far, 9 months and 5,000miles everything works perfectly - really nice ride :)

So I'd vote yes if you like the price!

umar96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm actually very much considering a 2021 but can't find any diesel Denali on the market.

2021 seems like the best bang for buck right now.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can paint your grille black for a lot less than the 20K price difference in the ultimate lol (I know that's not the only difference but still)

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure be a nice machine. I'd look into a GMEPP warranty on it for peace of mind since there are just a lot of things on that deluxe machine that can go wrong. I think you have a limited time period to sign up for that after purchase? And make sure your garage door opens high enough to clear it. Close call on that here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurv3

Latest posts