Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What replacement shocks are you using on your 00-06 Tahoe, Suburban or Yukon?

What did they run, and are you happy with them and able to recommend them?

Looking at replacements for my high mileage, factory red shocks on Tahoe Z71.

Don_Juan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What replacement shocks are you using on your 00-06 Tahoe, Suburban or Yukon?

What did they run, and are you happy with them and able to recommend them?

Looking at replacements for my high mileage, factory red shocks on Tahoe Z71.

I have the exact question for my 2002 Z71 and would appreciate some recommendations.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the WRONG forum for this thread Moderators. It is NOT lifted suspension. This belongs in general, stock Tahoe forum. Thank you.

MTHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I mean he is asking about Z71 shocks which this forum is for. Says it in the title

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, this is a rather broad topic. I get every single person who has replaced with non-factory shocks COULD respond, but don't expect them to. My suggestion would be to narrow it down to a few (, my guess is rockauto will give you the most options), and post up what you are looking at.

This just comes across as asking every member of the forum to figure it out for you. You could read reviews on general, and on amazon (they won't necessarily be for this SUV, but you might get enough of an idea to pass on those specific ones).

At the very least, you should explain what you want out of them. Do you offroad, (heavy or light)? Do you tow? What kind of life will they have. Help us, help you.

& Don Juan, you should make your own thread, and go in to detail about your own driving style, budget, driving conditions, vehicle, towing, tire and wheel size, any other suspension mods you have or what you direction you are looking at or planning for, etc..

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you adriver. I am looking for opinions on what those who have gone before me went with. Online reviews carry little to no water for me. I was hoping to hear a smattering of experiences here and then choose which shocks to purchase. This is my daily driver, but there are instances where every one of the options that you laid out comes up. I would like to get the red Tenneco shocks as these have worked well, but no luck on getting those.

I personally prefer Don Juan to stay in this thread so it can become a go to thread/post for people after us looking for shock replacement experiences, recommendations etc.

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Billstein 5100 Series shocks are unsurpassed in ride quality. I have a set on my 2500HD and it's unbelievable how well it rides for a 3/4 ton truck with 1 ton rear springs and cranked keys.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Billstein 5100 Series shocks are unsurpassed in ride quality. I have a set on my 2500HD and it's unbelievable how well it rides for a 3/4 ton truck with 1 ton rear springs and cranked keys.

I had Bilstein 5100's on my 2500HD as well. They were great for the first year, when they were new. After 12 months though, I noticed the ride quality diminished noticeably. I see here the Bilsteins are highly regarded, but I'm looking for another option besides that shock. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne