Shocks/Struts need replacing. What setup should I go with if I want to keep air ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some of those numbers from the RPO will appear on the R/A description for the front.

I forgot to mention that those screen shots do not show all the suspension RPO’s unless you go into the R/A app, open them up and scroll down.
Ok I see I will look now. Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. Just want to ask you all that know much more about this confusing suspension replacement. There are so many options. Are all the arnett shocks just 24 month warranty now or is there another option for the lifetime ones. Is there an upgraded shock strut option or are they are just rebuilt ones with new bladder rubbers? I only want to replace these one time lol. It’s a daily drive but I do tow a 3 seat jet alot and also a car trailer.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Had to look to put my money where my mouth was. The RPO code is 6JK which specs you out to buy two identical front struts #19420493

Last year Arnott yanked their lifetime guarantee to just 1 or 2 years. Verify if you buy a replacement pump it has an overheat / thermal protection circuit and lifetime guarantee too. You’ll be good for a long time or have free replacement if the pump gets too wet or hit a killer pothole.

OP
OP
L

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had to look to put my money where my mouth was. The RPO code is 6JK which specs you out to buy two identical front struts #19420493

Last year Arnott yanked their lifetime guarantee to just 1 or 2 years. Verify if you buy a replacement pump it has an overheat / thermal protection circuit and lifetime guarantee too. You’ll be good for a long time or have free replacement if the pump gets too wet or hit a killer pothole.
Awesome found them. Took a screenshot to add to cart, do they offer new springs for that strut, or just reuse the original ones. Do they offer a coil over setup so I don’t have to compress spring off and use the old one. And for the rears there is two options. One says adjustable on the info description other one says not. Do u know which part number I would use to match those fronts

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You should be replacing all the connected parts. Springs should be ok to reuse. The original springs no longer made and aftermarket do not state any specs so stay clear of generic replacements.

You’ll need a spring compressor once the assembly is out or have a machine shop do it. Here’s all the parts. This is identical to my 09 Escalade that takes z95 inserts. It also shows an option to go with all aluminum front suspension parts.

Post in thread 'Aluminum / XFE NNBS Front Suspension Rebuild'
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-front-suspension-rebuild.146131/post-1853541

Both of the rear z55 part #’s will work. May as well as use the higher part # because it’s the latest version. No coil over set up offered unless you go to overseas made junk or off road capable which will give u a bounce house.

All rear z55 are air adjustable for ride height via the compressor controlled via height sensors in the suspension. The front is active like the rear but not height adjustable.

Again you have all the same parts as my 09 Escalade except yours has z55 strut inserts. Use that link above to order all the parts from R/A attached to your strut. Don’t forget the 5% off coupon for R\A

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should be replacing all the connected parts. Springs should be ok to reuse. The original springs no longer made and aftermarket do not state any specs so stay clear of generic replacements.

You’ll need a spring compressor once the assembly is out or have a machine shop do it. Here’s all the parts. This is identical to my 09 Escalade that takes z95 inserts. It also shows an option to go with all aluminum front suspension parts.

Post in thread 'Aluminum / XFE NNBS Front Suspension Rebuild'
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-front-suspension-rebuild.146131/post-1853541

Both of the rear z55 part #’s will work. May as well as use the higher part # because it’s the latest version. No coil over set up offered unless you go to overseas made junk or off road capable which will give u a bounce house.

All rear z55 are air adjustable for ride height via the compressor controlled via height sensors in the suspension. The front is active like the rear but not height adjustable.

Again you have all the same parts as my 09 Escalade except yours has z55 strut inserts. Use that link above to order all the parts from R/A attached to your strut. Don’t forget the 5% off coupon for R\A
Ok will do. I will order everything off your invoice. I really appreciate your time and effort in helping be get the correct suspension. I always try and research and find it all my self but this Yukon is difficult and so many different things to throw at it. So everything on this invoice I order except change the inserts to z55 insertsIMG_6500.png

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Correct, z55 strut insets. There may be 2 TPMS sensors in that list, so don’t order those :)

Down the road you’ll have the option for replacing all your suspension bushings for the price of new aluminum replacement parts. It shaves about 50-60lb off each front wheels.

We sold our 08 XL Denali after all the z55 was replaced. Amazing ride. Was going to do Arnott on our current 09 Escalade. Glad I waited since GM pony’d up for the lifetime guarantee and Arnott dumped theirs.

Google RockAuto discount code and enter it on the last page in the box that says how did you hear about us. It took $53 off my order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667