Sh*t Ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy quality but I noticed this when i was poking my head under my truck.

TorsionBar.gif

TorsionBar2.gif

Does that look right to you?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
That does not look normal at all, I think your bars are messed up with that much play.....
Someone help him out lol because I'm note exactly sure...

jhellwig

Reaction score
My torsion bars are that way also. Can't say if it affects the ride cause I have only had it a week. First torsion bar vehicle I have ever had. If the weight is on the suspension and it is that close to the bump stop that might be your problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that pic was taken with the hoe sitting normally, not jacked up or anything. Idk if the bump stops would be the problem...unless they wear out?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your fine, that is normal. Think of a socket bearing down on a bolt. The sides of the hex are not going to line up 100% parallel with the sides of the bolt when you put your pressure on it to loosen or tighten. Look at your lugs nuts, they are scuffed near the points to kinda give everyone a better visual of what I'm trying to explain.

B

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like ur about ridin on the bump stop...cut it in half an c if it rides better

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like ur about ridin on the bump stop...cut it in half an c if it rides better

I would say not to do that, you generally want to ride sitting on the bumpstops a little. Otherwise you risk bottoming out into the fender, especially if you lower the vehicle....only then would you want to cut them and only a little bit too.

B

OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess the question is, what are my options from here?

1. Crank up the torsion keys
2. New torsion bars
3. New rear springs
4. Ditch the Monroe Reflex shocks and go with something else
5. New bump stops?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10