Sh*t Ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being whiny here, but my ride quality is not what it should be. My 01 hoe is at 121k miles, replaced the shocks with monroe's about 6 months ago, and it's not enough. What other things can I do to improve the ride?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Should have used Bilstein HDs.....
Can't really think what more would improve it as shocks always determine suspesnion comfort.

OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes....should have......but I was thinking maybe my springs need to be replaced? I'm not sure what else it could be

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the time your wheels might need balancing. If it pulls, it'l need alignment.. I agree on the shocks, Monroe is an inferior shock.. Bilstein HD or I went with the Belltech Street because it's designed to work well with big wheels and a lowered stance and I love the ride. Had a few issues with wheel balancing myself but got it all down now.. Otherwise would've gone with Bilstein..

Last edited:
OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just feels like my suspension cant absorb the road like it used to. Every little bump and crack, I can feel. If the road surface is poorly maintained, the ride gets way to jarring.

OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative, I havent touched the bars and no suspension mods done...I'll get a pic up tomorrow.

Random question, torsion bars don't wear out do they?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative, I havent touched the bars and no suspension mods done...I'll get a pic up tomorrow.

Random question, torsion bars don't wear out do they?

Not a random question at all, the torbars are responsible for the support of the vehicle in the front.

In fact mine were taken out and put back in and that affected the ride height on one side of my truck. My theory is that since the torsion bars are under constant load for years, if you were to take them out and roll them on the ground they might roll like bent pool stick. So (again "in theory") if you were to put them back in such a way that they are not the same placement inside the hex holes, you could have one side providing a different load capacity and thus different ride heights. So to compensate for that, you must adjust the keys differently from one side to the other to achieve the same height. THAT also seems to me that the load would be different because the pressure would be different and you get what I have on my truck - a slight lurch to one pass side on deep dips in the road. Granted, some might not have ever noticed this on their trucks but when you do your suspension work yourself you tend to notice EVERY single picky ass thing :hands:

I'm not saying that's what's happening in your case, but certainly new torbars could be something to look into once you change out the rear springs and are not happy.

Personally I did not like the Monroe sensitrac's that I had put in. They simply don't provide enough rebound/compression support for the heavy weight of these trucks.

B

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo