Service Stabiltrak, Adaptive Cruise, etc. Message.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
My XL has 9,500 miles on it, and I love it so far. Occasionally, I'll get a quick "Service Stabiltrak or Service Adaptive Cruise" message on the screen soon after start up. After I clear it, though, it disappears. On other cars I've owned (all foreign) any service announcements will keep popping up every time the car is started and it can be scrolled to in the system. On my truck, there is no sign of it once I clear it - it doesn't even show up on my monthly Onstar e-mails.

Anyone else seen this?

OP
OP
ChrisYukon

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
Well, the check engine light came on this morning, so I guess I'll be getting it looked at.

Yosh53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My XL has 9,500 miles on it, and I love it so far. Occasionally, I'll get a quick "Service Stabiltrak or Service Adaptive Cruise" message on the screen soon after start up. After I clear it, though, it disappears. On other cars I've owned (all foreign) any service announcements will keep popping up every time the car is started and it can be scrolled to in the system. On my truck, there is no sign of it once I clear it - it doesn't even show up on my monthly Onstar e-mails.

Anyone else seen this?
I experienced the same issue quite often. I was in for a free checkup during warranty period. Chevy could not find an issue. I experienced power steering shutdown, and stabilitrac issue. I had no choice to bring back to shop. Chevy fix was to change battery cables, as per corporate engineers. Car in shop over a week. I did not go more than 9 miles, and it all happened again. Back to shop for 11 days. Chevy claimed a loose fitting found. I argued that this was a warranted issue. I got corporate involved. I did not pay the bill. It was not too much longer when Chevy issued a recall on the Power Steering Assist. Very dangerous situation.

OP
OP
ChrisYukon

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
I’m not having any drivability issues, and the check engine light went off later in the afternoon. My guess is “false signals.” I’ll have them check for codes the next time I’m in. It sounds like mine isn’t a common problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645