Service engine soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Anxiously awaiting results
The results are in and.........low voltage to passenger side rear O2 sensor. I also have a bad speed sensor on the right front wheel, lol. So glad it's nothing serious

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of those are detrimental, but strange it came on when you were romping on it. I may have this backwards, but I think low voltage means the sensor detected a rich condition, which would mean the catalyst efficiency is low. This would kinda make sense when you were running it hard, but why would it still be there this long after? Scanning the PCM brought up the speed sensor? I thought that was an ABS system fault.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of those are detrimental, but strange it came on when you were romping on it. I may have this backwards, but I think low voltage means the sensor detected a rich condition, which would mean the catalyst efficiency is low. This would kinda make sense when you were running it hard, but why would it still be there this long after? Scanning the PCM brought up the speed sensor? I thought that was an ABS system fault.
I'll do some more searching about the O2 sensor and I'll look to see if I have leaks anywhere, as for the speed sensor idk about that

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'll do some more searching about the O2 sensor and I'll look to see if I have leaks anywhere, as for the speed sensor idk about that

Did you email Justin? He may have input on how he wants you to deal with it the tune.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you email Justin? He may have input on how he wants you to deal with it the tune.
I went on their website but couldn't find an email address that was personally Justin's so I sent the message to tech@blackbearperformance. But I got an email about my time slot and It has Justin's number in it. Should I try sending him a text message?

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If/when you replace the speed sensor, be sure to clean the hud really good where it mates up. I changed mine and it did not sit flush due to a minimal amount of surface rust and when you would go to stop, the brake pedal would push bad like the abs was engaging. Scary stuff.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I went on their website but couldn't find an email address that was personally Justin's so I sent the message to tech@blackbearperformance. But I got an email about my time slot and It has Justin's number in it. Should I try sending him a text message?

I've never communicated with them, so I'm not sure. Maybe a PM to @JennaBear explaining. I'm sure she can tell you what to do.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
The results are in and.........low voltage to passenger side rear O2 sensor. I also have a bad speed sensor on the right front wheel, lol. So glad it's nothing serious
that was the code I got on mine, was intermittent at first, then it stayed on. then the car started running BAD, and using a lot of gas.

replace your O2 sensor. Dont even mess with anything else.