seriously thinking about adding the bottle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
The zex is a great system. If used responsibly and tuned correctly it is not unsafe no unreilable. I know a guy who ran the piss out of an RX-8 with nitrous for 100,000 miles before rebuidlign the motor (and those motors are notorious for needing rebuilt every 50k miles with normal driving!)

I had a zex kit on my RX-8 for 20,000 miles before doing a blower. The nitrous cost $600 vs $5k for the supercharger and gave me very similar power, but just didnt seem as cool as having power constantly on tap, day to day. If you can afford the blower, do it. if not, nitrous is a perfectly good cheap power adder.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
that was exactly the logic i was using when justifying the zex system. i was also hoping i could alter my tune so that the Zex would only function when using the tow haul button. However i dont believe the tow/haul mode changes the fuel delivery at all so i dont know...

I think once i get serious about this (i.e. have the $600 laying around) i will have to talk a little more with Jenna and Justin about the tune that would be needed and what my options were, especially with the ZEX system. Because the ZEX is supposed to integrate with the fuel delivery system and adapt I would be curious to see what the tuning possibilities would be with a setup that is also electronically integrated.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This seems liek a good fit for me because i can turn the thing off and keep my truck as a DD, then I can turn it up to 175 and smoke JK and Chistoso :rocking: (at least that's the idea)

Haha, not after the boosted and cammed 6.0 swap:Big Laugh:
N2O is fun. Had a 150 shot on my Lingenfelter 383 camaro a while back. nx.gif

Nitrous is like a girl with an STD: you want to hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.
Haha, nice qoute, lol

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nitrous is like a girl with an STD: you want to hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.

OMFG that is the funniest shit I have heard in a long time on here. This is totally going in my sig! :lol::signs8::rotflmao::roflsquared:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
There are a few kits that would suit you much better, a buddy does machining for one of the major companies if you want I can see how cheap a wet plate system would be. I'm slapping a fuel pump in mine in preparation for the spray. I'm thinking 150shot should grenade my trans quickly, then I'll have an excuse to built it and toss a cam in this ***** along with some rod bolts and head studs for good measure. Do a LOT of research before jumping into a system, these trucks love a little squeeze tho.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
I had a 150 wet shot in my 330Ci and never had any issues.......but I had the nitrous installed properly with a window switch for safety, bottle blanket to keep the pressure up for a consistant shot and a custom nitrous tune by Active Autowerke. My brother had a 125 wet shot on his '95 M3 with over 140,000 on the clock and he never had any issues either but again, every precaution was taken and it was done correctly!

Nitrous is not as cheap as everyone expects it to be.....ie buy the kit and your running 9's!

My kit was $775 with window switch and bottle blanket and the custom tune was another $500 and that is not counting the clutch and flywheel upgrades I had to do to hold the extra power so it does get expensive quick. Don't get me wrong I am a huge nitrous fan because your car is a daily driver, basicly stock and you flip a switch and your otherwise stock car becomes a race car + I love the huge torque numbers you can put down with a wet shot.(BMW's need alot of help in that department) But on our big ass trucks with the slush box trannys and AWD/4WD Diffs I don't think a sudden surge of torque and horsepower will be accepted well by the tranny and diffs. My $.02

I wouldn't mind seeing someone work it out though........:popcorn:

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Haha, not after the boosted and cammed 6.0 swap:Big Laugh:
N2O is fun. Had a 150 shot on my Lingenfelter 383 camaro a while back. nx.gif

Yea I heard all about the block...terrible... every time I try to step my game up, you ******* are already a step ahead!!! hahaha

There are a few kits that would suit you much better, a buddy does machining for one of the major companies if you want I can see how cheap a wet plate system would be. I'm slapping a fuel pump in mine in preparation for the spray. I'm thinking 150shot should grenade my trans quickly, then I'll have an excuse to built it and toss a cam in this ***** along with some rod bolts and head studs for good measure. Do a LOT of research before jumping into a system, these trucks love a little squeeze tho.

The reason I thought the ZEX setup was nice is because of its active fuel control feature, of course I haven't really compaired it with many other kits. I am trying to gain a little more info from PT.net as they have a couple guys with spray. I am certainly interested in what supporting mods would be recomended or required to do the spray correctly. The idea is that I am wanting to drop dime on headers and a cam which will run nearly a G... so i was thinking about getting the bottle instead...

another question... is it pretty much agreed upon that a wet system is a better way to go then a fogger system?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
A wet system is a fogger system, though I prefer a plate kit since it creates even atomization and I like how the engine covers hide the plate. Just stay away from a dry system, I don't like the Zex systems either Nitrous Dave sells a brand X kit for way cheaper :cheers:

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well really man if you think about it, you're saying $600 for the N20 kit...plus whatever supporting mods you need to accomodate it - but headers and a cam are only $400 more than that and will give you much more usable every day power.

IMO, I say save your coin for another month or two and throw down for the cam and headers, then talk to max about putting together a nitrous kit. But again, I feel your pain on wanting instant power...I just don't think it will be as cheap as you were expecting, and I think you'd be happier with the cam and headers in the long run. Just my .02 as usual though.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
+1 on the longtubes and cam. Cam swap is easier than you'd think, then see how you feel about the bottle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts