seriously thinking about adding the bottle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yes the cam and stall wouldn't be terrible expensive, but the blower certainly would be!

like I said though, even if i get a cam, headers, stall, blower, and all that... I will be adding the bottle eventually.

i suppose i am just trying to explore my options... trying to find the middle ground between my ridiculously over zealous dreams and my very skinny wallet

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Honestly, for you, I would suggest starting with a cam and move up from there as your wallet allows. Get a good DD cam, then get some headers, then get a stall. When you have enough in your piggy bank, then ************** on a Maggie.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
so you think i should get the cam BEFORE the headers? I dont know why, but i thought the headers should come first... I have been doing a lot of research on the cams, i think i know what size cam i want, just trying to figure out what i need to go with the cam.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can do either or whenever you want. What size cam are you going with?

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
well i have been trying to educate myself and the best way to learn sometimes is to "act-as-if"

so i went to PT.net and started picking brains and i am leaning twords this comp cam that is a 206/212 and 112LSA (although right now i still dont understand what the lobe center angle is and how it pertains to power)

The guys at PT.net seem to think i need something more like a 210/218 though...

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would suggest calling a cam company rather than seeing what the folks on the forum suggest. The company will ask you what you are wanting out of the cam and will help you decide on the right one. The TR220 and the TR224 are the flavors of the month over at PT.net but aren't bad cams if that is the cam response you are wanting.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea I'm for sure not buying a cam sight unseen... i just hate not understanding, so i want to learn what all those numbers mean and how they correspond to power. ultimately when i finally buy the cam i would like to contact comp directly and get the info from the experts.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you plan on contacting the cam company direct, I wouldn't worry about the numbers, they know what they are doing :Handshake:

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
damn jenna, you had me thread jack myself!!! hahahaha and even worse, you made me forget how much i want NO2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo