seriously thinking about adding the bottle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
So, like many of you, I want to go faster. I want to keep my truck a DD on the other hand so many of the mods I am thinking about doing are going to start making this truck less and less economical to drive as much as I do.

in comes a ZEX wet nitrous system. I can get the thing to my door for under $600, ready to install 100%. The ZEX system seems really nice to me because it has there "active fuel control." Basicly it adjusts the nitrous so that the truck is running optimally at all throttle points.

The bottle is between 70-175 shot...

This seems liek a good fit for me because i can turn the thing off and keep my truck as a DD, then I can turn it up to 175 and smoke JK and Chistoso :rocking: (at least that's the idea)

However I would like to know how many people have any experience with nitrous and even ZEX brand. How much does the spray wear on the motor? Im trying to weigh the pros and cons here

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's addictive, so plan on bottle refills, be sure ALWAYS fuel delivery is up to *****, and consider purchasing a torque converter with anti balooning plates in or, or you risk blowing yours up.
I'd rather have daily power, than a push of the button, then refill.
I say put that $600 into gears, converter, or cam.springs.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
it's addictive, so plan on bottle refills, be sure ALWAYS fuel delivery is up to *****, and consider purchasing a torque converter with anti balooning plates in or, or you risk blowing yours up.
I'd rather have daily power, than a push of the button, then refill.
I say put that $600 into gears, converter, or cam.springs.

ditto.

Your going to run out when you need it the most.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
hahahaha its $3.50 per pound, I will prolly get a ten pound bottle. I am guessing a ten pound bottle will get me about 10-12 seconds worth of nitrous if I was to open it up to the full 175 shot.

I wonder how long it will run with it turned down to 70.

I just dont know... the bottle seems like such a fun addition to the truck. Its going in sooner or later... im just starting to lean towords sooner, like next! ahhahaha

Blueflamed, Im gonna have to look into that converter though. Looks like i need to do smoe more homework.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, if you look around at converters, it says "with anti-ballooning plates for NOS".

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
make sure yo uget a sticker for the side window for improved handling and to make you look cool too...lol...j/k I'm curious to see what a kit will run you.

:popcorn:

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're craving some instant power, I say sure...but we all know that it's not gonna be the last thing you do. I say that if you were thinking about doing it at all, might as well do it now. But I do agree that you should go with a cam and gears.

I've really been considering throwing some 4.10s in mine. But every time I think about shit like that, I remember that I have a 6.0 sitting in a crate that I need a cam, springs, rockers and a TB converter for...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia