Who knows the most about radios?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctd01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I cant seem to find what I am looking for. I want a radio that i can cast from my phone to watch movies on front and rear screens and keep all my factory functions. Crutchfield suggested this:
105KWM875B JVC KW-M875BW Digital Multimedia Receiver
120953305 GM Dash kit "DD" kit for GM vehicles 06-Up
541RP5GM32 PAC RP5-GM32 Interface GM 2012-13
541GMRVD2 PAC GMRVD2 Rear Video Retention Cable Select GM LAN Models
12035AV6 Metra AIP-35AV6, 3.5m to RCA Adapter Cable
264PASCON ReadyHarness Service Connect Vehicle Harness to Radio
cleardot.gif

Anyone have any experience with it? Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not done what you are attempting to do, but I've done business with Crutchfield for several years, and I trust the advice of their Techs.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what you do to watch a movie?
a few of us members have a setup for watching movies or streaming or whatever
the jvc will work as well as some pioneer or kenwood decks, alpine seems to have lost it's flavor anymore but they probably have something as well as sony.
I would recommend using the maestro rr and the associated adapters instead of the pac
I would also check to be sure the jvc supports RSE if you want the rear screens to work as well.
the only caveat I see with the jvc is no cd/dvd (as old as they are) so any movies you want to watch will need to be on a thumb drive or cast thru hdmi input
you will also need a micro switch otherwise it will only work when parked. (yes we aware video while driving is illegal) but you make your choices and I will make mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz