Seeking prefered methods to catch dripping oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
i use the pig mats at work daily and they work! I would take 2 mats and roll them thightly around the front sway bar until they fill the void between the bar and front cross member, secure with zip ties, Remove the drip pans and your leak is concealed! when your wife ask's how you repaired the leak tell her you are a mech, a professional, and all that matters to you is her happiness, That it wasnt an easy fix but you "got er done"! lol

Last edited:

grbmds1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Folks:

Our beloved 2008 Denali XL just likes to drip oil. She has 198K and I know my rear main seal is likely the culprit. Drips about 3 or 4 drops when hot, after you pull it into the garage.

I bought some tinfoil turkey basins often used during Thanksgiving when bird cooking. It collects the oil nicely; however, the boss (wife of 25 years) has said she doesn't like driving into the garage and seeing what looks like cooking items on the garage floor.

Ok, ok...I know I should fix the issue. I've replaced both valve cover gaskets as well as the gasket oil cooler gasket left of the oil filter housing. That cooler fix stopped all dripping on the drive side but I still get a lot on the passenger side. I just don't really have it in me to do a rear main seal replacement in my garage floor on a 13 year old 200K car.

So to my original question (intention), does anyone have a good garage floor mat they like to catch dripping oil? Something that looks nice and does the job but doesn't break the bank? I really don't want to use cardboard...but that's my next option.

TKH
I had a wonderful 2008 Yukon also that leaked oil and we used puppy pee pads to catch the leaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elepere