Seat heating element replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeLT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few topics on this here and there, but my question is whether bottom and top heating elements somehow interconnected where when one is faulty the other one also stops working? Long story short, my passenger heated seat went out long time ago. I did not care much as down south it does not matter. I am getting ready to head to Colorado and now it is a different story. Anyways, took the seat out, gutted everything, and ran continuity on yellow heating element wires on both the bottom and the top. Bottom had continuity, the top one didn't. However, neither top or bottom works when activating with the switch in the car. Are these 12v and how many amps? I have a test bench, but how to test if 2 yellow and 2 black/red wires (4 total per connector) exist? TIA.

Edit: Answered by own question. The door switch only has two options, to turn on the back/lumbar heater or both (lumbar and cushion). Since my lumbar heater went out, I assume it prevents both from working.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz