Seat airbag question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirReal63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Yukon XL Denali.

I have the front seats out doing an amp install, battery disconnected, center console back in.

If I hook up the battery to test and tune the system without the front seats plugged in, are there any concerns with the airbag system, because the front seats are not plugged in?

Everything works normally, no airbag lights or check engine lights, no codes either stored or active in the system.

OP
OP
SirReal63

SirReal63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I solved it myself, had the wife help me set those heavy damn seats back in there, plugged them back in. I wasn't ready to put them back yet, but I don't want a bag to go off and I didn't want to risk an SRS light.

I did find several who had no issues with unplugging them with the battery connected, but the risk was greater than I wanted to accept.

Denali seats are heavy! At least for this old man.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Pretty sure on foreign cars if you disconnect the srs seats, you can start them as long as you don't put them in gear. If you do, you'll get the airbag light. But I wasn't sure about ours, that's why I didn't chime in.

OP
OP
SirReal63

SirReal63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I have a dislike to having things blow up in my face so I opted for the guaranteed way. I wanted to clean the carpets, but that can wait, they aren't bad. One of those seats seems to weighs more than the entire bench seat in my 2500HD.

Both amps are installed, LUX amp removed, now it is time to do the door speakers.

And finish putting 720 screws in the center console.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Agreed, I have a dislike to having things blow up in my face so I opted for the guaranteed way. I wanted to clean the carpets, but that can wait, they aren't bad. One of those seats seems to weighs more than the entire bench seat in my 2500HD.

Both amps are installed, LUX amp removed, now it is time to do the door speakers.

And finish putting 720 screws in the center console.
Seems the older you get the heavier things get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345