Searching for a deeper cup holder for center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricHunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71 and my drinks fall out of the cup holders when I make a turn. I know there is space underneath the cup holder in the center console. Does anyone make an aftermarket cup holder that I could install that would be deeper or hold drinks better? I've already searched eBay and Amazon. Thanks. I attached photos of the original OEM one that is too shallow.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71 and my drinks fall out of the cup holders when I make a turn. I know there is space underneath the cup holder in the center console. Does anyone make an aftermarket cup holder that I could install that would be deeper or hold drinks better? I've already searched eBay and Amazon. Thanks. I attached photos of the original OEM one that is too shallow.

View attachment 256376 View attachment 256377 View attachment 256378
I’ve never seen anything deeper. buy a replacement (junkyard, ebay, etc) and cut the bottom off so your cups drop down further... as the cup gets wider up top it will stop it from falling through. When you get it to your desired depth, plastic weld the extra plastic back ..on.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daughter -- in a Sierra Denali -- was having trouble fitting her mug at all. It's 30 oz, and the console cup holders are tiny. I asked in a Sierra forum, and they suggested this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DZCE6I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Even with the delivery fee, it was $2-$3 cheaper than anything else I could find. My daughter's mug is now a little loose; she's talking about putting a small amount of felt in it to hold her mug tightly. Regardless, my point was you could get something like that which will sit securely in your cup holders, then carry your drinks in those. Amazon has a large selection of similar items, but the more expensive stuff goes for $15-$25.

Note that by going the insert method, you can still use a mug with a handle.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My daughter -- in a Sierra Denali -- was having trouble fitting her mug at all. It's 30 oz, and the console cup holders are tiny. I asked in a Sierra forum, and they suggested this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DZCE6I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Even with the delivery fee, it was $2-$3 cheaper than anything else I could find. My daughter's mug is now a little loose; she's talking about putting a small amount of felt in it to hold her mug tightly. Regardless, my point was you could get something like that which will sit securely in your cup holders, then carry your drinks in those. Amazon has a large selection of similar items, but the more expensive stuff goes for $15-$25.

Note that by going the insert method, you can still use a mug with a handle.
I had the same ones. They worked good for me.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont remember what vehicle i had but similar design and problem. i actually removed those foam rubber bumpers and made some heavier rubber bumpers. only thing that was problematic is foam cups everything else was perfect.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont remember what vehicle i had but similar design and problem. i actually removed those foam rubber bumpers and made some heavier rubber bumpers. only thing that was problematic is foam cups everything else was perfect.
I was having the same problem with a Bronco I owned - went to Home Depot and got a couple pvc pipe couplers and installed them in the oem cupholder - worked well.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
McDonalds Large Drinks tend to move around. When you buy these trucks used always coffee spilled between the drivers seat.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I’ve never seen anything deeper. buy a replacement (junkyard, ebay, etc) and cut the bottom off so your cups drop down further... as the cup gets wider up top it will stop it from falling through. When you get it to your desired depth, plastic weld the extra plastic back ..on.

That's exactly what I did to mine.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed my console cup holder to clean it.....It is plain black plastic... I noticed the factory/molded printing under it. It said " non luxury " ...style. What is the luxury style??
( 2005 Yukon SLT )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne