Screen DVD Unlock By-Pass for Front Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Kenwood the best aftermarket unit? I've always been an Alpine guy. I'm willing to replace the head unit, would really like something that has a blu-ray to go to the overhead screen and doesn't mess with steering controls and such. What's been the best/easiest aftermarket setup you guys have added?
the video feed to the screens is composite so there is really no "videophile" purpose to go with blu-ray, other than ease of video selection, but anymore you can just download practically any movie in existence onto a thumb drive or sd card and watch it that way. If you wanted it for audiophile purposes, like 10 channel music etc then you will need to spend some bucks on a dsp processor, speakers and amps, sound deadening, etc.

LazloZ28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
to make the 3rd row screen work you have to patch the 2nd row & 3rd row wires together.
Yeah, I know. I was going to try and do it through the adapter to keep things stock. But it makes more sense just to splice the factory wiring.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I was going to try and do it through the adapter to keep things stock. But it makes more sense just to splice the factory wiring.
I don't think there is a adapter for the 3rd row, there might be but I haven't seen one.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We've been looking for a workaround to access the DVD, Navi and phone digit pad while moving too. The lease expensive add in harness will disable Navi when doing the bypass. The other Barracuda option hits all the marks for $300+ but recently the plug n play option through the OBD port for $195 levels the playing field by adding the DVD bypass in 30 seconds plus many features GM has neglected to add for the last decade.

Just noticed it's a 2012-14 thing for DVD bypass. Good for you, bad for me in my 09.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne