2015 Rear entertainment sound through speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbWrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently bought a 2015 Yukon XL Denali and wanted to try the rear entertainment. When I was driving the vehicle initially I hit the media button on the front center console while driving and the DVD sound came through the speakers.

I was parked yesterday and hopped in the back seat only to find there was no sound coming from the speakers with a movie playing. I tried to mess with the remote for settings but I'm not finding any on front or rear and I'm hoping I'm just missing it.

Re posted to correct forum. Not sure how to delete this on my phone (or if I can).

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should post in 2015 forum-2020 forum...maybe mods cam nove.

Have you checked your owners manual?

Is the Fade possibly set to full front on the head unit?

In my 2013 (different architecture); there was a setting to play only from front when RSE was in use (assumption was those in the back were using headphones), or could have it play on all speakers...don't recall a settin for rear only (unless you picked all speakers then set fader to rear).

you will get better answers in the correct forum; but gessing that book in the glove box or console will have the answers.

OP
OP
NewbWrench

NewbWrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should post in 2015 forum-2020 forum...maybe mods cam nove.

Have you checked your owners manual?

Is the Fade possibly set to full front on the head unit?

In my 2013 (different architecture); there was a setting to play only from front when RSE was in use (assumption was those in the back were using headphones), or could have it play on all speakers...don't recall a settin for rear only (unless you picked all speakers then set fader to rear).

you will get better answers in the correct forum; but gessing that book in the glove box or console will have the answers.
Dang it. Didn't realize I was in the wrong year area. Came here from a Google search. Thank you for pointing that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts