?'s about sub box/3rd row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYN_HO

Reaction score
Are there any pre-fab. boxes that will be able to fit in the little trunk we got. I would like to still be able to use my 3rd row seating. Or if there's any one that has a custom box already built. I know JL AUDIO makes a sub enclosure for the "**'s" but that's for the NNBS and it goes in the back back window. a

any suggestions?

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been in the same dilemma for quite some time now. I am still undecided on what to put back there. Your best bet is to probably go custom. I am intentions of using my back rear windows as a platform for a box I would like to have fabed up sometime in the future.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lil something i made a few years ago, 2 12s sounded great

7721082046.jpg

bsul92

Reaction score
I made a custom one. took me like 3 hours... theres pictures of it in my album i can get dimensions for you if you want. it can hold 3 12's or 2 12's and a 10. i have alpine type rs in it now and they fit with still about 1.2 - 2 inches of room between them and the box.

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use a box that came out of a full size reg cab truck that fits great holds 2 12's- just an idea.

JersHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had a buddy build me a box for two JL 10w7's. It fits behind the third row perfect. I only have one sub in right now and it sounds great. Much louder and cleaner than the two cheap 12's I had before. Ill try to get a picture up tomorrow.

BananaHANDS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often do you use your third row? I took mine out and put a big ported box back there but I hid my amp under my second row seat and ran longer wires to the box. Works great cuz last weekend I had family in town that I needed to transport so i pulled the fuse from the battery and disconnected the box and stuck it in the garage for the weekend, then I just stuck it back in after.

I do however have two custom sealed boxes I built for my old regular cab truck; one will hold a single 12 the other held kicker cvr 10's and sounded great they would probably fit back there with no problems if you need constant use of the third row. I could let either go for pretty cheap, problem is shipping would be really expensive and probly not worth it. I think I spent $60 in materials for the 2 10' box. So if you've got a buddy with a shop I'd go that route.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran 3 jl12w0 behind my 3rd row with the amp under the second row .. the seat still folded down .. and it sounded really nice.

OP
OP
H

HAYN_HO

Reaction score
thanks for all your inputs quys..im on deployment right now and internet is a little "iffy" where im at cant wait to go home...im undecided right now on what to put back there. type r's how does those 12s sound? clean? is the box ported or sealed? idk i cant view pix right now on this computer. i might go with JL for this setup but we shall see if the budget allows

GeneralNoobzor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some pics of them in my album, I have had a ported box for 2 12'' p3s, sealed for 2 12'' kicker comps, ported for 2 jl 13''s proted for 2 L7 10''s. Gotta say, the L7's take a dump on every other sub I have thrown back there. The L7s beat most peoples 15''s out here.... Ported. I make my own boxes, a ported custom box like mine would run you around $250 carpeted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16