Ryan's 2002 Tahoe Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
its been done since late 99 with no issues. Also many have been returned to stock height and brought back on trade ins nothing has ever been said.

Rear bracket is not hacking into the frame your not c notching it. Ive done many and even on my new escalade. I have a family in my truck everyday like I said I wouldn't do anything to my truck that would make it dangerous to drive for them

no need to reweld the bracket you have a new bumpstop on the frame (or axle) with my kits and look on this forum NO ONE EVER has had a frame issue or any kind of negative results with the free travel mod. (well 26 and inch wheels rub if bumpstop is way to short in rear)

theres a big difference between free travel mod and a c notch below.
IMG_0503.jpg

And this
0902st_05_z+1999_chevy_silverado_rear_air_suspension+c_notch.jpg

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a big difference ^^^^. I agree.

I personally feel the grinding off of the bracket is a little......... what is the word.......much :imo:

I was not calling you out...... but I see your point. :)

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no i understand. Main thing as a seller of the parts and doing installs and now having the same vehicle many people have here if anything was dangerous I wouldn't put it on my ride or do to my ride.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my 04 Escalade with the free travel mod done...

Suspension1.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
rhukill talk to the member godoy he also has the kit. The rear tb coils i sell mated with the street performacne shocks rides great. Once you do the spohn kit it changes the way the rear feels a lot due to replacing all the factory rubber bushings. Slap in the djm bars and your ready to rock.

You need to cut the bracket off the frame to get a good ride.

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the free travel mod pics, guys. How do yours ride?

Dude the 4230's ride smooth
You can have somebody drive while you sleep in the back I've done it lol
If you get helper bags theirs a chance you won't have to do the free travel mod but if you tow and have lots of weight its recommended
I didn't do the free travel mod I just threw in some helper bags and bammm no bottoming out and I have towed as well

Sent from jumanji!!

OP
OP
R

rhukill

Reaction score
Dude the 4230's ride smooth
You can have somebody drive while you sleep in the back I've done it lol
If you get helper bags theirs a chance you won't have to do the free travel mod but if you tow and have lots of weight its recommended
I didn't do the free travel mod I just threw in some helper bags and bammm no bottoming out and I have towed as well

Sent from jumanji!!

Thanks for the input man. I'm looking forward to having mine done, and I'll probably do the free travel mod. Do you have the Spohn kit on yours too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOOLI