Ryan's 2002 Tahoe Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
your rear is prob sitting on bumpstops man will ride horrible just a heads up.

16s are no problem with the kit I sold you they are meant to work with stock wheels.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the kit rides great but you need to cut the bracket off the frame ie free travel mod I spoke to you about this.

OP
OP
R

rhukill

Reaction score
I realize I'm not going to get a stock ride, but I'm trying to keep it as close as possible since this is my driver. I'm considering doing the free travel mod if it really helps, but wasn't aware it was going to be a necessity just to keep it from riding horrible. It wasn't mentioned until after I received my order. That cutting & grinding of the frame looks like a pretty big project.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The kit rides good just ask godoy he has the same kit. That being said there is no way it will ride good without the free travel mod. This is why I sent the short bumpstops. When we spoke I even said new bump stops are included when you cut the rear bracket off the frame. These are the same ones that I sent you when djm didnt sent them and you said you wanted them so you could do it all at the same time.

Maybe there was a loss of communication but im sure I said the stops are for that.

If you have a sawzall you can cut the bracket along the frame and then clean up later.

DSC02010.jpg
DSC02017.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rhukill

Reaction score
Maybe there was a loss of communication but im sure I said the stops are for that.

It's all good man. We obviously weren't understanding each other. It happens. Just disappointed that I'm going to have to tackle this now rather than later.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
do it now trust me on this. I bet if you look at the rear of your truck the bumpstops are sitting on the axle. Just get a sawzall for now and hack it off just cut as even as you can with frame like pic above shows.

OP
OP
R

rhukill

Reaction score
do it now trust me on this. I bet if you look at the rear of your truck the bumpstops are sitting on the axle. Just get a sawzall for now and hack it off just cut as even as you can with frame like pic above shows.

I actually yanked the factory bumps out, so the bracket's there, but no bump stops.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the free travel mod as okay if one is going to keep the truck for a long time..........

I can't imagine though going back to stock height..... trying to sell the truck, and someone notices you hacked the entire bracket off. :imo:

Is there a way to go back, suppose one could reweld the bracket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chead