Rough cost on paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice way to stay on topic guys!!!!! ( nice work Jay, i'm an Iwata man myself!!!) well from experience i'd say your gonna need 2gallons of clear and 2-3 gallons of paint depending on the color and finish. the price is gonna be baseds on what paint you get. SOMETIMES shops that do fleet jobs will have extra bulk paint you can buy for cheap. I use mostly House of Kolor paints and love them, however they are a bit pricey......

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$200 paint job? The only way you're getting a paint job that cheap is a Krylon job.

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think he ment 200 for the painters time/equipment. Im not gonna lie that is a bit cheap for our size trucks. Like mentioned before head to your local paint shop and talk about your options. you can spend a lot on paint depending on pigment, pearl, metallic, single stage, base/clear, ect... or you can spend a little and have a paint job that looks good for a short amount of time. Just do your self a favor and take your time on the prep work, it will make or break a paint job no matter how expensive the paint is.

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup thats why i cringe a a 200.00 for labor paint job. our trucks are big and most will need hours of TLC so even at 50.00 an hour i can see 200.00 in just prep work then 3-4 more hours to paint it maybe 5 if they don't use a hot reducer.....

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chaging paint color or just a recoat of stock color? I paid $4000 to get my dime done a few years back. I just paid like $1200 just to have teh grey band on mine redone.

OP
OP
K

koons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah 200.00 is cheap,But ive seen his work and he does pretty good,And dont worry jay,I love your work so its all fine lol :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401