Roll pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about installing a roll pan on my tahoe. However, what are the minor adjustments you have to make to installing the bolt on version? Also does anyone have any tips?

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Just have to take the bumper off and then bolt in on, only thing is there will be a gap between it and the rear lower quarter panels unless you or a shop fills and paints them.

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just have to take the bumper off and then bolt in on, only thing is there will be a gap between it and the rear lower quarter panels unless you or a shop fills and paints them.
Do you have any suggestions on where I can get one ?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I've done roll pans on pickup trucks which is straight forward. Straight being the key word , as our suv rear is curved for the hatch so I'm not even sure how they bolt on.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure not to have passengers in the third row afterwards since they won't be protected in a rear end collision without a bumper. Also your insurance won't cover damage if you have full coverage.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Just make sure not to have passengers in the third row afterwards since they won't be protected in a rear end collision without a bumper. Also your insurance won't cover damage if you have full coverage.
Yea theres also that. Insurance might and probably will screw you over. Back in 02 I got rear ended with a roll pan once and it pushed my bed into my cab. I got lucky and was still covered.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea theres also that. Insurance might and probably will screw you over. Back in 02 I got rear ended with a roll pan once and it pushed my bed into my cab. I got lucky and was still covered.
That was with a pickup though, right? The bed acts as a crush zone to keep passengers safe where with a SUV there's nothing when the bumper is removed. It's actually kind of dangerous and you might get sued if somebody in your rig gets hurt. Not to put a damper on it but just something to consider. I've read somewhere it's illegal in SUV's. But it does look good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667