Removing oil pan 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my path to doing the AFM/DOD delete, I'm at the point where I need to remove the cam. I need to walk the chain off it so I don't have to remove the oil pump. I've seen people do it on YouTube, but after trying it, I feel like it's too much force. I've decided to go ahead and drop the oil pan and replace the timing chain and oil pump since I've gotten it down this far. Does anyone have a link to the procedure for removing the oil pan? I'm not finding anything on YouTube about it. Everything I found is pre-2015, and the pan looks different. For starters, there is a smaller pan bolted to the regular. Thanks!

20240407_132020.jpg

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was precisely what I'd been looking for, and he did a great job explaining it. The only difference in my car is that I've got a 2WD, which means the engine sits lower. I have to remove the steering rack bolts to lower it down to get the pan out. This is an excellent video on removing and reinstalling the oil pump and oil pan.

Last edited:

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil pump is one of the things the shop changed on mine. Sorry I cannot help with pan removal, they removed the engine and did all the work on a stand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojb226

Latest posts