Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t believe i missed all these posts.... well, cats out if the bag I suppose... meh whatever....

@Rocket Man

Mark, I wasn’t talking about my vehicles, nobody touches those but me, on occasion....I was more talking about crap around the house... mowing, painting, stuff like that...

Get that beast up and running already, we need a full power awd launch.:)

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t believe i missed all these posts.... well, cats out if the bag I suppose... meh whatever....

@Rocket Man

Mark, I wasn’t talking about my vehicles, nobody touches those but me, on occasion....I was more talking about crap around the house... mowing, painting, stuff like that...

Aah I get it. Yeah, I might some day too. But for now I’m still too cheap to pay someone to do something I can do. As far as a small shop, I have all the tools like air nailers, chop saws, table saws, etc to build shit that makes it pretty easy. Plus a concrete basketball court pad that’s perfect. I could take my time and it wouldn’t be bad. I’m gonna need something to do when I retire in a few years too. I don’t see me just lounging around the house all the time lol. Just most of the time.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aah I get it. Yeah, I might some day too. But for now I’m still too cheap to pay someone to do something I can do. As far as a small shop, I have all the tools like air nailers, chop saws, table saws, etc to build shit that makes it pretty easy. Plus a concrete basketball court pad that’s perfect. I could take my time and it wouldn’t be bad. I’m gonna need something to do when I retire in a few years too. I don’t see me just lounging around the house all the time lol. Just most of the time.
Before you lay out your plans, stop by any local roof truss builder, if you have any. There are a few around me and I stopped in when i was building my garage at my last house. They had trusses already made for a job that the contractor cancelled for some reason or another and since they wanted to get rid of them i got them cheap and based my garage dimensions off of them. It wasn’t my ideal size but it saved a shit ton of money. They had at least 3-5 jobs that were canceled so i had a choice. Granted that 15-20 years ago but hey, ya never know. Just ideas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had broken a couple bolts on the exhaust when I removed it so today I got under there and applied alot of heat and a bfh to get the studs out. The local Oreilly didn’t have them so I ordered some off Amazon. They’re the ones that have a knurled shaft with no head.

7EC15FC8-C8D6-4267-887F-6B2935BE7C74.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you lay out your plans, stop by any local roof truss builder, if you have any. There are a few around me and I stopped in when i was building my garage at my last house. They had trusses already made for a job that the contractor cancelled for some reason or another and since they wanted to get rid of them i got them cheap and based my garage dimensions off of them. It wasn’t my ideal size but it saved a shit ton of money. They had at least 3-5 jobs that were canceled so i had a choice. Granted that 15-20 years ago but hey, ya never know. Just ideas.

My buddy in Mississippi just scored a load of trusses from a local auction site. Got 23 30' welded galvanized square tube trusses for $440. He only needs a few for a 30x32ish shop and has already sold 10 of 'em for $800.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had broken a couple bolts on the exhaust when I removed it so today I got under there and applied alot of heat and a bfh to get the studs out. The local Oreilly didn’t have them so I ordered some off Amazon. They’re the ones that have a knurled shaft with no head.

View attachment 219977

Regular bolts wouldn't work? Or some with a hex socket head if there's no room for a socket on a regular hex bolt?

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score

@Rocket Man

He's just getting it fixed. He's not trying to break it again