Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn man, what a *****. Sorry you had to go through that, and that there’s no obvious sign of the problem. At least you got it one (HUGE) step closer to being back in business. Good job showing the Beast who’s boss brother!! Git r done!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's brutal.
Yeah, ive crushed many finger tips. Fingers, hands etc dropping transfer cases, trans etc etc when i was a young whipper snapper swapping yanking motors swapping cabs, frames out of k5 blazers, pickups etc...definitely sucks and not even sure I would attempt it anymore...lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, ive crushed many finger tips. Fingers, hands etc dropping transfer cases, trans etc etc when i was a young whipper snapper swapping yanking motors swapping cabs, frames out of k5 blazers, pickups etc...definitely sucks and not even sure I would attempt it anymore...lol
Were they your finger tips, hands, or your buddy's lol? Working at midnight auto, you have that time constraint, so sometimes ya gotta hurry up :secret: lol.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have bench pressed many a NP 203 t-cases and A-727 transmissions into old Dodge trucks I owned back in the day. Those days are long ******* gone for me and I don't miss them a bit.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called Performabuilt today and they said to just ship it in with a description of what happened. Sounds like they will cover it, real nice guys. So I pulled everything off it , drained it, double wrapped it and put it back in the box it came in. They gave me instructions on the converter, as far as draining it and checking for stuff as is drains. Also told me they will inspect the converter filter when they pull the trans apart and advise me if I need to send it to FTI. I pulled the pan and didn't see much in the way of junk, barely a few metal shavings and no clutch material. I thing something just broke inside. I have it loaded in the Tahoe, will drop off at UPS tomorrow. I tried creating a shipping label but UPS said "system error, try again later or call tech support"... I think the 120 lbs shipping weight broke their website.

IMG_8853.JPG IMG_8854.JPG IMG_8855.JPG IMG_8856.JPG