Roaring at 70 mph.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jim0891

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my first tahoe. First 4wd. First chevy for that matter. When u test drove the tahoe everything seemed great. Now 2 weeks later I have a roaring noise between 65 and 75. Jacked the rear up and spun the wheels. Quiet. Put it in gear and the roaring seems to be coming from more towards the front. Any help is greatly appreciated. 2005 tahoe 4wd previous owner put leveling kit on

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

When you put the truck on the lift and engaged the transmission, did you use a mechanic's stethoscope to track the source of the noise? I had a similar issue, and the use of a stethoscope helped pinpoint the issue to a failing front differential.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my first tahoe. First 4wd. First chevy for that matter. When u test drove the tahoe everything seemed great. Now 2 weeks later I have a roaring noise between 65 and 75. Jacked the rear up and spun the wheels. Quiet. Put it in gear and the roaring seems to be coming from more towards the front. Any help is greatly appreciated. 2005 tahoe 4wd previous owner put leveling kit on
probably would be helpful if you took a video, load that on youtube then link it here.
my definition of "roar" is like lions and tigers

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Put it in gear just in 2wd? 4wd? Idling in gear? Light accel in gear? Heavy accel in gear? Passing gear accel? Maintaining speed in gear? A/C on or off? Defrost on or off? Engine temp makes a difference? Radiator fans, on or off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts