Right rear door does not lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weavertg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2009 Cadillac escalade esv. So title says it all. The lock on the right rear door does not go down. Not if you push it or use the buttons refuses to go down. When the system is armed it is armed and if you open the door the alarm goes off. Any ideas on the fix. Any help would be great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the knob wont go down then it may be jammed up inside somehow, pull the door panel off and have a look inside, that will let you determine if it is the rod somewhere or if the actuator is jammed

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is on the actuator. Likely stuck and won’t allow pin to travel.

OP
OP
W

weavertg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man it wont budge at all. Im nervous about pulling panels off and messing them up and not being able to re insert them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t be. Get a plastic trim tool and screwdriver it’s easy start at the bottom. You’ll want a small hook tool too. My guess is the lock came off the rod it sits on. The clips shouldn’t break. Lots of yt videos doing this.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s the lock actuator motor. You can get upgraded ones via gruven parts. Common failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable