reset dash code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StormTrooper2181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how to reset the "replace battery in remote key" light? I have an 07 ls

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
StormTrooper2181,

You can press any of the DIC buttons on the instrument panel or the trip odometer reset stem on the instrument panel cluster to acknowledge that you received the message and to clear it from the display.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

gr8alarmguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue in my '07 Tahoe. I can clear it in the DIC but next time I start it up "Replace battery in Remote Key" pops up again. And yes, I have replaced the battery...several times.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue in my '07 Tahoe. I can clear it in the DIC but next time I start it up "Replace battery in Remote Key" pops up again. And yes, I have replaced the battery...several times.

Is there another remote paired to the vehicle nearby that also needs a new battery?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try pulling the batteries out of both remotes and seeing if the message still appears.

gr8alarmguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Funny, they both have always worked and neither has ever had a completely dead battery. I even disconnected the vehicle battery for a few minutes trying to "reboot" the DIC. No joy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champion313