Request for Parts Help - Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avusblue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Blackout07: great work, and thanks for documenting this. Keep us posted on your progress wiring them up!

Cheers

Dave

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks to this thread i was able to add oem fogs to my LT, really changes the front end. also added oem ltz chrome mirror covers.

FullSizeRender.jpg

mwardncsu

Reaction score
I've been digging on this..... found some discussion on guys looking to do the same thing to a 2014 Silverado that did not come with factory fogs...

Is there no way to get the dealer service dept to pop in the computer and enable/set such codes....

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153585-fog-lights-question/page-2

My information leads me that it may be very difficult to install factory Fogs on a 2014 GMC Sierra or 2015.
Okay ,
what I mean is I want to install a factory system on my 2014 GMC Sierra 1500. At this time I have a factory Delete.
My searching brought me to find out I can put in the Bezels , lamps plus the bulbs.
Next I was going to get factory wiring and a factory switch.
I was told that I could never get them working because the lighting now goes through the BCM. They'res a code needed for them to work properly.

vishnu619

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck wiring these up? I was thinking about using a relay and tapping the park lights to get the signal so they work as long as they are on. Thoughts?

witnessthefunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's exactly what the tech did for my lights....used a relay and tapped into the parking lights. It worked out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcp17420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As am i, but I'm not hopeful.

Did you ever get your fog lights wired up. Hoping to put a set on my wifes 15' LT Tahoe. Just wondering about the switch used and hook on the interior.

Thanks in advance

white15

Reaction score
subscribed.... really looking to figure out how to get them wired up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts