Help, no crank and no dome lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chinohart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really hoping someone could point me in the next direction.

My 07 Yukon Denali won't start and something wierd is the dome lights won't work.

At first, I replaced starter. Wouldn't crank

Replaced ignition switch, wouldn't crank

Replaced starter relay, wouldn't crank

Then when I was removing the signal wire to the starter, I got it to crank a few times and start.

Like I had to jiggle the signal wire and my dome lights would pop on and my Yukon would start.
But now I can't get it to even do that.

So I'm sure it's my signal wire or trigger wire or what ever

I'm not sure where it runs to. I know the ignition switch but not sure what route.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you live in a salt state? If so, maybe check that wire for corrosion under the coating. I think you stumbled onto the right path inadvertently. I'm not sure how that system works without a schematic, but I'd start where you had intermittent success. And check the wire farther up to make sure it's not chuffed or pinched somewhere.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon

Remove the battery cables, at the battery, check both for corrosion and make sure mount surface is clean and reattach tightly. May also have corrosion under the cables outer insulation.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019