Replacing Buttons on Auto AC Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spitse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the wright up. Bought a new to us 09 Tahoe and the hot cold are wore out. What do you search for on e bay for the replacements? Also how did you get the cover off to get to the controls?

OP
OP
ranorris2

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Thanks for the wright up. Bought a new to us 09 Tahoe and the hot cold are wore out.
What do you search for on e bay for the replacements?
If you are talking about buying new HVAC controls, just search for 2007-11 AC controls, or HVAC controls...you can find them on average about $200.
Also how did you get the cover off to get to the controls?
The dash surround just pops off, if I remember correctly I think it has 4 tabs down each side and 1 in the middle on the bottom.

If you are just needing the hot and cold buttons, I believe I have those two still, I am selling the buttons for $10 shipped a piece, so $20 if you want those two buttons.

CodeB4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On 07 and up with auto air, you can't just buy a new one and replace it. You have to program the new a/c control head with the options your truck has. Just FYI.

That's is the reason your temp or numbers are in the wrong place or wrong temp.

zzzman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice write-up. I need to do this on my 09 but how did you get the control panel out of the dash in the first place?

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write-up. I need to do this on my 09 but how did you get the control panel out of the dash in the first place?

You need to remove that horrifically tight panel around the radio/Ac control/cigarette lighter area. Then I think it's just 2 7mm bolts that hold the Ac control head in.

And that trim is not fun to remove. It feels like its going to break with every pull. And it has at least 8 clips holding it in. Ive done it twice on mine and it doesn't get any easier :lol2: And I'm a mechanic.

krt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to remove that horrifically tight panel around the radio/Ac control/cigarette lighter area. Then I think it's just 2 7mm bolts that hold the Ac control head in.

And that trim is not fun to remove. It feels like its going to break with every pull. And it has at least 8 clips holding it in. Ive done it twice on mine and it doesn't get any easier :lol2: And I'm a mechanic.

Is it the same on the 00-06 Yukons and Burbs, you can't just get the buttons and have find a donor HVAC control unit?

MattSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If anyone has the hot/cold and fan+ fan- buttons on the driver side, I'd be willing to pay for them shipped to the house. Mine are worn off, and I don't really want to buy a whole new unit.

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference I see between your 2011 one and my 2007 one is the top right button. Mine says AUX were yours now says REAR.

Is that the only difference or is there something I'm overlooking?

Nice write up BTW

I always wondered what my aux button did lol.

So when the aux light is on, I am controlling the rear heat?
And when it's off the controlled with the console controls that the second row sees?

Or is it the opposite?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always wondered what my aux button did lol.

So when the aux light is on, I am controlling the rear heat?
And when it's off the controlled with the console controls that the second row sees?

Or is it the opposite?

When the aux light is on, whatever you're doing up front is being done in the rear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo