Replacement Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1xd5

Reaction score
I think the 4600 is more of a stock option of bilsteins being softer shocks
Where the 5100 are more for off-road or lifted applications towing etc they will ride a bit firmer but still ride good
Hey man, so I got everything installed, 5100's all around, keys up front, Moog springs rear. in your experience how much rake if any would you recommend I keep? I'd like it as level as possible but want to avoid the rear every going lower than the front. I'm going to get an alignment Wednesday and trying to level it out before I go in, I'm going to load it up with the heaviest loads I usually carry too and see how I need to adjust , usually full of people some cargo and about 150lb hitch bike rack bikes included is the heaviest I do. For the rare occasion that I may go much heavier where it does bring the rear down lower than the front I'll probably just use helper bags or something.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hey man, so I got everything installed, 5100's all around, keys up front, Moog springs rear. in your experience how much rake if any would you recommend I keep? I'd like it as level as possible but want to avoid the rear every going lower than the front. I'm going to get an alignment Wednesday and trying to level it out before I go in, I'm going to load it up with the heaviest loads I usually carry too and see how I need to adjust , usually full of people some cargo and about 150lb hitch bike rack bikes included is the heaviest I do. For the rare occasion that I may go much heavier where it does bring the rear down lower than the front I'll probably just use helper bags or something.
I would tighten the keys until it’s about a .5” higher in the front as everything will settle down a bit after driving it some.
Also when making adjustments try to keep the two torsion key bolts somewhat even with one another and move it in and out the driveway before you measure to make sure everything’s settled and at the height you want. Once you get it set how you like you can go ahead and get the alignment but if you adjust the torsion keys again afterwards you may need to go back for another alignment depending on how much you lift or lower it.

The +.5” or 1” rake up front will and should even out after some road driving and once settled won’t be that noticeable more then likely

As for the rear I wouldn’t worry about the helper bags shit I pulled around 15,000lbs (dump trailer and 3-4 pallets of sod) maybe less with my Tahoe when she was stock and she took it. Very slowly but she hauled it 3-4 hr straight!
But she was sitting on the tire just about this was before I upgraded the rear coil springs
IMG_2705.jpeg

Last edited:

1xd5

Reaction score
I would tighten the keys until it’s about a .5” higher in the front as everything will settle down a bit after driving it some.
Also when making adjustments try to keep the two torsion key bolts somewhat even with one another and move it in and out the driveway before you measure to make sure everything’s settled and at the height you want. Once you get it set how you like you can go ahead and get the alignment but if you adjust the torsion keys again afterwards you may need to go back for another alignment depending on how much you lift or lower it.

The +.5” or 1” rake up front will and should even out after some road driving and once settled won’t be that noticeable more then likely

As for the rear I wouldn’t worry about the helper bags shit I pulled around 15,000lbs (dump trailer and 3-4 pallets of sod) maybe less with my Tahoe when she was stock and she took it. Very slowly but she hauled it 3-4 hr straight!
But she was sitting on the tire just about this was before I upgraded the rear coil springs
View attachment 407635
ahh ok, thank you!