Replacement intake manifold options

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by raptorforme93, Jan 13, 2020.

1. raptorforme93

raptorforme93 Full Access Member

Name:
    Zack
    Pretty straight forward. I need to replace my stock intake manifold here shortly for.... dumb reasons, but it does need replaced. Anyone have any experience with aftermarket options? I'm fine with putting a stock one back on but was just wondering if anyone has been happy with other options. Also I am somewhat worried about putting a used stock manifold on it, I put a brand new stock GM crate engine in it about 15k miles ago after my last one died from coolant leakage into oil from the common intake gasket failure. I know the manifolds have pitting issues around the water jacket so whatever I replace it with, I'd like to get brand new.
    Been a while since I"ve been on here too so what's up guys and thank you for any and all helpful info!

liquify33 likes this.
  2. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    @bigfootchiro @dkknaebel

@drakon543 @GMW468

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    bigfootchiro likes this.
  3. liquify33

liquify33 Full Access Member

Name:
    Robert
    Upper, lower or both? That answer could mean serious $.

4. dkknaebel

dkknaebel Full Access Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I've got my original on and I have a backup original. I've heard the edelbrock ones that they sell as AM are pretty decent. If you are thinking of ditching the TBI, you could do a performer manifold from Edelbrock and a Sniper EFI from Holley. But you'd have to get the module that controls it all. I dropped a crate motor in mine and I just reused my old intake.

swathdiver likes this.
  5. east302

east302 Full Access Member

Name:
    east302
    I’ve used this one twice. On my truck when the ECT sensor port was cracked and on my Tahoe when the old one was just too pitted at one of the coolant passages. It’s the stock replacement.

[​IMG]

Working with a clean intake is nice, it fit perfect the first time. I don’t get to say that very often.

bigfootchiro likes this.
  6. bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro Full Access Member

Name:
    Nathan
    Not many aftermarket options for these trucks. The stock ones hold up just fine, and you probably will never need to replace it again.

7. drakon543

drakon543 Full Access Member

Name:
    james
    i see swathdriver tagged me here but it didn't pop up for me.
    rockauto has the acdelco original and a dorman version for 289. the acdelco one is slightly cheaper than east302 amazon but you have to pay shipping so it will end up being a bit more. its a fairly beefy lower so i wouldn't be concerned with pulling one out of a pick a part salvage yard either. just head out find the best looking one and go with that one. as far as aftermarket performance options your sol unless you plan to spend bank and waste your time.

bigfootchiro and wjburken like this.
  8. bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro Full Access Member

Name:
    Nathan
    :signs75: