Replacement Door Moldings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scraps66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had removed my moldings years ago. Now time to trade. I had removed the moldings after a body shop had done some repair work on my driver side door. Unfortunately, they painted the rear door panel without removing the molding. The driver door molding they reinstalled eventually fell off. So I removed all of the molding. But they had also painted the rear door but without removing the moldings. Sooooo, after removing the rear door molding there is a paint mark around where the molding was. Looks like crap.

Long story. Where do I get cheap replacements good enough for trade-in?

TILA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had removed my moldings years ago. Now time to trade. I had removed the moldings after a body shop had done some repair work on my driver side door. Unfortunately, they painted the rear door panel without removing the molding. The driver door molding they reinstalled eventually fell off. So I removed all of the molding. But they had also painted the rear door but without removing the moldings. Sooooo, after removing the rear door molding there is a paint mark around where the molding was. Looks like crap.

I made the exact discovery yesterday. I was so proud of how well I got everything off the driver side. It was like nothing was ever there. I took the other side off and found that it had been sprayed without removing the molding.

Did you find anything to replace them with? I can't find anything that is as wide as the original.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Depending how much paint build up there is along the edge, you might be able to wet sand the edge off, then buff it out.

TILA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depending how much paint build up there is along the edge, you might be able to wet sand the edge off, then buff it out.
I buffed it out smooth, but there is just enough color difference where the molding covered the original paint that I know it will drive me nuts. I sprayed the molding flat black and reinstalled it. It matches the running boards, so good enough for now.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked local junk yards? There are tons of these out there. Might check eBay for cheap ones too.