Repairing worn holes for lower control arm attach points.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
This truck has been flown more than some airplanes! Has anyone else repaired the lower control arm attach lugs. The holes in mine are elongated pretty badly.

I found what looks like replacement lugs so I can grind the old part at the welds and put on the replacement part in its place.

My hope is that alignments will hold once the attachment points are in good condition.

All your ideas on this are appreciated.

OP
OP
nocal95-2dr-yukon
Reaction score
Stop jumping the damn thing, old man!
I met a previous owner of this truck at a store here in town. He came in and says"Who is driving my truck?" We had a few laughs as he told me stories about flying it off of almost everything on Sawmill Peak. He also told me how the 2 bullet holes, from the inside out, got there. If you have never seen the look on a policemans face when they see a bullet hole exiting the drivers side door as they approach, I can tell you - it is priceless!

I have only flown it a couple of time times usually to avoid getting high centered on a water bar. Once though I was coming out of someplace where I needed to make it between a gate and a boulder and over a water bar! It was the second time doing this. After walking up and looking things over, I got in the truck and gassed it. It was a veer left then swing hard right to thread the gap situation. I came through a little faster than the first time so it caught some air...and startled the lady reading a book in the church parking lot. I did wave though as I drove away.

OP
OP
nocal95-2dr-yukon
Reaction score
aside from a full replacement, we usually just weld a heavy washer in that location to beef up the area and provide a new holel
Thank you. The structure is a little complicated near the lower right back attach point for the LCA, so the washer sounds like the best answer. I appreciate you taking the time to post.