Relocating power outlets to new console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in the process of relocating the power outlets (both cigarette lighter and the 110v) from the dash to a new floor console. I am having trouble removing the cigarette lighter one from the original dash panel. I do NOT have the removal tool so am winging it here to get it out without destroying it. Any advice besides the obvious one of buying the removal tool? The dash panel is mostly off the dash. Can this be pushed out from the rear instead of pulled out from in front?

The 110v outlet is out but in my haste I unplugged both connectors from the outlet without noting which one went where. Any help? Both connectors look the same as to shape but have different colored wires in each. The back of the outlet where the connectors connect is marked X1-1/X1-2 and the other is marked X2-1/X2-2. One of the wire connectors has both the red and black wires. Any help as to how they connect to the outlet?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of relocating the power outlets (both cigarette lighter and the 110v) from the dash to a new floor console. I am having trouble removing the cigarette lighter one from the original dash panel. I do NOT have the removal tool so am winging it here to get it out without destroying it. Any advice besides the obvious one of buying the removal tool? The dash panel is mostly off the dash. Can this be pushed out from the rear instead of pulled out from in front?

The 110v outlet is out but in my haste I unplugged both connectors from the outlet without noting which one went where. Any help? Both connectors look the same as to shape but have different colored wires in each. The back of the outlet where the connectors connect is marked X1-1/X1-2 and the other is marked X2-1/X2-2. One of the wire connectors has both the red and black wires. Any help as to how they connect to the outlet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts