Regretting lowering, please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Your on keys in the front only? and cranked them down for 2" inches? yeah thats why the front rides like crap
2. The bilstiens are stiff as mentioned, i have them, but i like the firmness.

Raise the front back up, and do spindles or just lower it 1" or so. 2 is too much for keys, i tired it, rode like straight sheet, cranked back up, rides much better.

Rear - change rear shocks to something softer, post yours up, they should sell easily.

just my .02

OP
OP
03Dnasty

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm just mad the whole going low thing didn't work the way I'd planned. For one, I already got rid of all my stock parts. If I go with Spindles, I have to find stock keys now. So I dono what I'm going to do just yet. I do know that it's not even worth thinking about really being the week of Christmas and I'm sure the wife won't let me spend anymore money anyways till at least tax returns. lol

Vinniety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same situation. I lowered my Tahoe and DAM i hated it. I did the DJM 2/3 inch drop. I posted my complaints and norcal ss stated the Belltech spindles up front will help. I did that and WOW what a difference. I was able to get a good alignent as well which with the 2 inch drop torsion keys i couldn't. I do get a little bit more bounce int he rear that i dont like but no more banging or anything.

enger126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Escalade I put the Bilstein shocks front and back and had to switch over to Tahoe Z71 springs. The stock denali/escalade springs are not made for gas shocks just a thought if you go back to stock.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm just mad the whole going low thing didn't work the way I'd planned. For one, I already got rid of all my stock parts. If I go with Spindles, I have to find stock keys now. So I dono what I'm going to do just yet. I do know that it's not even worth thinking about really being the week of Christmas and I'm sure the wife won't let me spend anymore money anyways till at least tax returns. lol

Yeah lowering is one thing i wish i would of spent more time on researching on, but i got a good deal at the time and couldnt pass it up. But chaning keys, you dont necessarily have to, just keep what you have now, dont remeber if you said what kind you have, just crank them up.

but either way, nothing will ride like stock did, i will agree with that. Good luck either way rasie it, keep it lowered, either or. And yeah, xmas probly isnt the time. LOL.

if its the bad, im sure if you posted up trade plus cash or something, folks will trade you.

OP
OP
03Dnasty

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the DJM -2" Keys. I can't keep those if I decided to go with the 2" drop spindles? Wouldn't that make it even lower? Right now I just need to figure out something with my front bump stops. I keep bottoming out even though I already cut half off! I'm still undecided on going back up to stock height with a leveling kit or staying lowered. Probably just wait till tax return time as I said and go from there. Thanks for all the advise though everyone!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the bilsteins ride harsh with the djm set up.

what I would do is this

1) get stock keys from someone on here and slap em in just for now
2) i have the rear lifting 1 inch spacer from belltech $40 shipped and that will life the truck up 1 inch in rear to make it even with the front about

your ride should be better especially in front and then just save up for spindles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian