Regretting lowering, please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vinniety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lowered my truck using the 2/3 drop from DJM. After it becoming a nightmare trying to get a good wheel alignment I listened to Tony (norcal SS) and went with front spindles, WOW what a difference.

My question now is for the rear i still have the 3inch drop DJM springs with the shock extenders using bilstein shocks. I also added the Airlift kit so when i tow it doesn't bottom out. I have tried 5-15 pounds of air in the air bags and still no difference. To be honest it was like this even before installing the Airbags. The problem is when i hit a bump the people in the back seat feel like they are getting thrown from the truck. My kids think its fun but after a while they start getting nauseous. Can it be that the springs are to tight? I have no idea and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I lowered my truck using the 2/3 drop from DJM. After it becoming a nightmare trying to get a good wheel alignment I listened to Tony (norcal SS) and went with front spindles, WOW what a difference.

My question now is for the rear i still have the 3inch drop DJM springs with the shock extenders using bilstein shocks. I also added the Airlift kit so when i tow it doesn't bottom out. I have tried 5-15 pounds of air in the air bags and still no difference. To be honest it was like this even before installing the Airbags. The problem is when i hit a bump the people in the back seat feel like they are getting thrown from the truck. My kids think its fun but after a while they start getting nauseous. Can it be that the springs are to tight? I have no idea and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

you need to get the belltech springs/shocks and you will be fine.

Vinniety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to get the belltech springs/shocks and you will be fine.

Tony Are the belltechs spring a softer ride that will not cause the people in the back seat to get thrown? I really cant afford to keep throwing money at it so i am really trying my best to research a solutions for this and get it done right. Will it have anything to do with the airlift bags that i installed? I always felt the bounce i guess just not to bad since the bags but it has always been there. I also notice you always point towards belltechs are they a better product then DJM?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony Are the belltechs spring a softer ride that will not cause the people in the back seat to get thrown? I really cant afford to keep throwing money at it so i am really trying my best to research a solutions for this and get it done right. Will it have anything to do with the airlift bags that i installed? I always felt the bounce i guess just not to bad since the bags but it has always been there. I also notice you always point towards belltechs are they a better product then DJM?

i have the same springs on my escalade and ride is very nice. I would start off by first changing the rear springs to the belltechs.

2nd of all make sure to use the 1 inch spacer that comes with the kit and also the shock extenders

total is 250 shipped and as for rear springs the belltechs i feel are better.

Vinniety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same springs on my escalade and ride is very nice. I would start off by first changing the rear springs to the belltechs.

2nd of all make sure to use the 1 inch spacer that comes with the kit and also the shock extenders

total is 250 shipped and as for rear springs the belltechs i feel are better.

Thanks Tony for the feedback greatly appreciated. I will be ordering the products through you as soon as i decide what route to exactly take...but one more question........you say belltechs are better but why are they better? Is it the quality they are made of or is it the spring bounce back more better for everyday driving? Sorry about this tony i just don't understand how exactly one spring can be different then the other besides of the company making them.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i used to sell eibach/mcgaughys/ground force and western chasie. The spring rate on the belltech springs by far is the best the others honestly didnt ride good this is why i stick to belltech and djm but on the rear the belltechs by far ride the best.

There is a reason I went with the same coil on my truck because I know what rides good.

Juice75

Reaction score
Bringing up a slightly old thread, but I went from the McGaughy rear springs to Belltech, and it was a night an day difference. The McGaughys bounced like crazy. The Belltechs smothed it all out. I still have the McGaughy spindles on the front. Overall, pretty happy with the ride quality. Just need to replace the shocks. Have about 70k on the Edelbrock IAS shocks. Might give the Belltech street performance series a try.

HK-DEMON-

Reaction score
Bringing up a slightly old thread, but I went from the McGaughy rear springs to Belltech, and it was a night an day difference. The McGaughys bounced like crazy. The Belltechs smothed it all out. I still have the McGaughy spindles on the front. Overall, pretty happy with the ride quality. Just need to replace the shocks. Have about 70k on the Edelbrock IAS shocks. Might give the Belltech street performance series a try.

I love my Belltech street performance shocks, and all around my drop and stance, the only single issue I'm having is that the rear of my Hoe is bouncing like crazy. I need some input on some stiffer springs. Anyone want to chime in and point me in the right direction.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
cheapest way for starters is adding the helper bags to the springs you have now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87